Thread: Looking for a hunting buddy

Default Looking for a hunting buddy

This may seem like a weird way to go about it but I have a awful time finding people That like to hunt the way I do.

So how do I like to hunt? Well lets put it this way I don't have any Machines other than my truck. I am not against using machines I just can't justify buying any at the moment.

I do most of my hunting in the mountians and I get there on foot by myself most of the time. I am thinking of booking a flight in somewhere this year but have alot to learn on how to do that. I have also done a few float hunts. I do quite a bit of black bear hunting because it is easy and one of the few hunts you dont have to take at least a week off to do.
    I am interested in all types of hunting small game ,predators and all the big game. I bowhunt and gun hunt. Have been hunting and camping all my life. I also have a good solid understanding of most survival skills. Although I am not so arogant to think I know it all. I am a honest dependable guy who enjoys the outdoors and hunting.

So what am I looking for in a hunting buddy?

1. Dependable and commited when you say you want to go you realy do and you are willing to make the sacrifices/work to do it. I understand some times it can not be avoided but I hate planning all year for a hunt to have some one bail on me last minute

2. Has a solid foundation in outdoor skills basic survival skills,camping in the back country

3. Has there own camping gear

4. enjoys camping and being in the outdoors

5. You have to be kinda tough to hang with me no mamas boys need apply

I hope to plan a goat or sheep hunting trip this year that is what I am working on right now. Kinda waiting to see if i pull any permits if i don't I got a couple ideas.

so if your interested let me know we would probably do a couple weekend hunts kind of thing see if we get along before we do any big hunts

Oh and my wife says no women can be my hunting buddy ha-ha I thought that was funny so I threw it in there

so PM me if you are interested

Helps if you add to your profile where you live,heck you may be two houses down

Default a couple of other things

You might what to add a little more info like age, smoker, drinker experience, etc.

You could also try e-harmony

Default Warming

I know these personal adds in the lions den really warm my heart.

No offence my friend.......Your need is indeed felt by many of us. Getting, maintaining, and working with a good hunting "buddy" takes time and effort. Your best bet is to extend yourself on a personal level with the folks in your immediate area, your "Sphere of influence".

I've made a concerted effort to invite people to come hunt with me, no strings attached. I've PM'd a few member and taken folks out locally within Sitka. In addition to that I genuinly work to always be ready for the mountains......I've got maps up in the house, I earned my USCG Captains license, I maintain my equipment, ect..............Hopefully after a few good outings I'll have developed a couple new friendships thereby enriched my life.

You got a wife......sounds like you need to be working on a son. Grin!

Also start warming up the Mrs. to the outdoors. Make it fun and put her comfort high on the priority list.

You'll probably get some PM's and folks interested in joining you. State your expectations clearly and how your "buddyness" will be mutually benifitial. In other words, To have a friend you gotta be a friend.

I've gotta picuture of three adult male grizzlies hunting together in the Brooks range taken by a good wildlife photographer. If you can imagine the conversation they had before setting out in quest for bou thats how you might get a good hunting partner here too.

Good luck and happy hunting.

I met one of my best hunting partners on line, right here on the AOD. Got an invite one day to go bunny and grouse hunting back in 07, since then I have been on a spring bear hunt and a fall goat hunt w/ him. We are working on plans for a sheep hunt for a couple years now but good luck on the draws keeps pushing that one back. Maybe this is the year...
    Good luck in your quest, I enjoy being alone for a day trip but I start talking to myself when I get out on the mountains solo for much more than that.

I could really use a good hunting partner too BUT I don't think with your attitude you would ever have to worry about me hittin you up! Let us know how E-Harmony works out for you.
    "Grab your bow and let's go!"

Quote Originally Posted by AK_Hoytgirl View Post
    I could really use a good hunting partner too BUT I don't think with your attitude you would ever have to worry about me hittin you up! Let us know how E-Harmony works out for you.

You're in Kenai? I'll be your partner for moose... opening day in your backyard?

Default Interesting

PM sent.....
    “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ― Aristotle
    “I'm not young enough to know everything.” ― J.M. Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by SrockAK View Post
    You're in Kenai? I'll be your partner for moose... opening day in your backyard?

Where are YOU?
    "Grab your bow and let's go!"

sounds like eHarmony.

Default I feel you...

finding someone with the same idea of hunting as you do is tough. And the fact that you had to post this on here doesnt surprise me. Most guys i have gone with are rarin-and-ready to go...until it rains, or it gets cold, or we dont see anything in the first 2 hours, or their wife calls. I prefer now to go solo if i think its safe enough but for fly-ins or on a boat its smart to have a buddy i think. Good Luck.
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Default new sticky

Maybe we should get mike to start the AOD's own version of eharmony for hunting partners wanted. They have a open seat in the fishing thread. Seems to be plenty of asking going on here about looking for hunting partners.

Hey some us have a hard time breaking into Hunting big game in alaska. The best is when you get a hunt setup and your hunting partner backs out for a better hunt. This is why I fish. I have a pickup, 28 foot camper, three quads, cold beer and a *****ty personality. Its not my fault, I cant be perfect.

Default Hunting buddy from Denmark, Europe.

Hi every one.

I am guy from a little town i Denmark called Fredericia in the state Jylland.
    Im looking for a friend/friends in other countries whit the intrest as me, hunting.
    As you can see my english is not so got. Hope you understand
    Wright me, if you have the intrest.