Thread: New Dog;Unplanned adoption

Default New Dog;Unplanned adoption

Well I am not sure how or why, but I adopted a new dog that was in need of a home. She is a 1.5 year old Wire haired Griffon (Korthals Griffon) named Ember.
    I was not looking for a dog at all, but she needed a home that would hunt her. My wife saw her and said "she is cute, lets keep her", I took her to the field with chukar and pigeons and she passed the test. I have some yard work to do, but she has the credentials and the instincts.
    She has hit it off very well with the rest of the gang, especially the mini dachshund.
    I hope to put her on some ptarmigan this weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default what a cutie

She is pretty. That is all that matters, right? You know, all the best gear, high end shotgun, shiny truck, and a good looking dog.
    Sure hope she works out for you and that we get to hear lots about her.

Nice looking dog. Everything that I have heard about them has been positive. A good solid dog for alaska if it has the hunt. Congrats! Might I recommend the pooper scooper with a dual scoop that opens up with a squeeze of the handle. It telescopes too. Seriously though its a good scooper. Beats a shovel.

Griffs are cool dogs! I did some basic pointing dog training for a guy with one many years ago. The are very cute, fun, and do like to play a lot. Best of luck to you both.

Jim

Nice looking dog. Enjoy!!

I am a new Griff owner as well and there are lots of fun!
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

Default little training day

we had a fun day and Ember did quite well in a training scenario yesterday. First time I tried shooting over her....started with the starter pistol at a distance, then brought it in closer and closer. I was pleased to see she had been introduced to the gun and had no issues so I shot the next bird for her. She made a perfect retrieve which I did not expect................and I couldn't leave Pie behind......good steady as the bird flew over her head

today we search for little white game birds now that we know she can handle the gunfire.
    Attached Images Attached Images