Thread: Replacement Stocks for Ruger Hawkeyes?

Default Replacement Stocks for Ruger Hawkeyes?

I've been searching for a replacement stock for a hawkeye and am not having much luck. The folks at Bell and Carlson, HS Precisions,. Boyds and McMillan say they don't make one for the hawkeye at least in the RCM chambering specs. Anybody got any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by 377PFA View Post
    I've been searching for a replacement stock for a hawkeye and am not having much luck. The folks at Bell and Carlson, HS Precisions,. Boyds and McMillan say they don't make one for the hawkeye at least in the RCM chambering specs. Anybody got any ideas?
    I just had these guys put a stock on my 375 hawkeye. They did a great job.
    Montana

http://www.lonewolfriflestocks.com/

Montana338 - thanks for the reply. Which stock design did you end up going with?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 377PFA View Post
    Montana338 - thanks for the reply. Which stock design did you end up going with?
    Sorry for the lag. I had to visit their site to confirm which one I actually got. I think it was the summit? Their turn around time was a little slow but they let me know up front as they apparently run the production schedule rotating from manufacture to manufacture. I have several custom synthetic stocks and theirs is at the top of my list for quality. I had them install my barred action.

Montana

Thanks Montana338 - I will give them a buzz.

www.accurateinnovations.com I spoke to them before about ruger hawkeye's and they will make you a stock for one.

Those are nice looking stocks!

Just curious, what did you end up doing?

Ryan
    "If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it." ......Fred Bear

Update on the stock dilemna - still a dilemna I contacted lonewolf out of MT but just out of my price range right now. I spoke with Ruger today just to see for the heck of it if the MK II would fit the RCM - no luck there. In any of the standard cartridges the MK II's and Hawkeyes are interchangeable just not in the RCM. So, I don't know what to do. So, long story short, I'm in a holding pattern with the stock! Neat cartridge and very similar to 338-06 but until I can find a different stock for it it is collecting dust!

I'm not sure why a McMillan wouldn't work for your Ruger rifle, as they make stocks for both the long and short action Rugers (Mark II's and the Hawkeye).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm not sure why a McMillan wouldn't work for your Ruger rifle, as they make stocks for both the long and short action Rugers (Mark II's and the Hawkeye).
    I believe he alluded to the $$$$ being the holdup right now.

Did Ruger mention why the Hawkeye will not work? I have not measured them, but at first blush I think you may need to simply open the barrel channel just a tad to make the Hawkeye stock work. If that's all it would take, you may find a fairly inexpensive option. It's just a thought as I can't understand why one Mark II stock won't fit another rifle with a similar length action.

1Cor15:19

I believe the RCM's have a different style of recoil lug. The RCM lug is different than that of the Hawkeyes in standard chamberings. It comes straight down perpindicular from barrel as all do but the end of the recoil lug takes another right angle creating a lip or shovel. What to do...

I think it would fit but would require fitting, Looking for a RH short action Ruger synthetic stock that I can convert to LH. Have converted several RH stocks of all makes to LH.