Thread: Alaska wild sheep foundation

Default Alaska wild sheep foundation

I have been in contact with the current president of the Alaskan chapter. He tells me the over the last year or two that enrollment and interest has fallen. I am looking for some people to step up with me and get this organization up and running. If you are interested in becoming part of this revitalization, please step help me. The foundation is look for new members to serve on the board or just to join.
    Drop me an email if you would like more information. I am having lunch sometime next week with the president and would like to have some names of people interested.
    Thanks for your help with this.
    alaskamountinman@hotmail.com
    Alaska Mountin' Man Taxidermy
    North Pole, Ak 99705
    (907) 488-7083

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    I have been in contact with the current president of the Alaskan chapter. He tells me the over the last year or two that enrollment and interest has fallen. I am looking for some people to step up with me and get this organization up and running. If you are interested in becoming part of this revitalization, please step help me. The foundation is look for new members to serve on the board or just to join.
    Drop me an email if you would like more information. I am having lunch sometime next week with the president and would like to have some names of people interested.
    Thanks for your help with this.
    alaskamountinman@hotmail.com
    Interest didn't fall off. There were disagreements regarding board members. I respect Wayne, is he going to sit as president? If the rest of the old board is up for renewal, I am in. I will be overseas until May-June but would like to be involved.

Default Fnaws

My problem was that the web site wasn't updated and there just didn't seem to be any information available. I have looked a few times in the last couple of years and found no current information. I am sure that others had the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Interest didn't fall off. There were disagreements regarding board members. I respect Wayne, is he going to sit as president? If the rest of the old board is up for renewal, I am in. I will be overseas until May-June but would like to be involved.
    Thanks

Wayne would like pass on being President. I do not know about the rest of the board. I will keep you in the loop.
    North Pole, Ak 99705
    (907) 488-7083

Quote Originally Posted by driveacub View Post
    My problem was that the web site wasn't updated and there just didn't seem to be any information available. I have looked a few times in the last couple of years and found no current information. I am sure that others had the same experience.
    Would you like to help with the website?
    North Pole, Ak 99705
    (907) 488-7083

Thumbs down Website

Interest has indeed fallen off. The outdated and inactive website does way more harm than good. Makes it looks like the organization no longer exists. They would be better off with no website than one tha chases people away. Shoot me a pm if you want to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Interest has indeed fallen off. The outdated and inactive website does way more harm than good. Makes it looks like the organization no longer exists. They would be better off with no website than one tha chases people away. Shoot me a pm if you want to discuss.
    Yep, keep me in the loop too. You are right the website is awful!! I am not a web-designer but I wouldn't mind contacting some people and working with them to get pics to upload that area actually of ALASKAN sheep! It is full of Stones and I think I even saw a big horn in there. One of the "dalls" looks like it might be a darn "texas dall". Lets get a new board in there and get the word out. Perhaps we can get an avid sheep hunter/web designer that would want to take on the site.

I do understand if Wayne is disheartened w/ it all, but I hope he continues to contribute. He has a lot of history w/ AK's sheep and his body of work as a bio is impressive.

Default Akfnaws

I know absolutely about doing web sites. I would really like to see the organization more visible to members/potential members. Some well publicized regular meetings is probably a place to start over. Even posting info on here is a good restart.

Count me in!!! .........I'm willing to be a part of it, and to help out. Just let me know....Chuck

Default Website?

If you need a tech writer with website skills let me know. My wife is always looking to expand her work.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed