Thread: Ahh nothing like watching Money sit!

Default Ahh nothing like watching Money sit!

Must be january! I'm going nuts looking at my boat just sitting. I knew it was going to be tough watching 11K sit for 7 months but not this tough. I dont know how you guys with them big expensive boats can handle it. Course you could probably still use those big ones in the winter out in the salt.

I sure miss the days of boating. I had alot of fun last year with mine. Was pretty nice just enjoying the outdoors and not worrying about if the boat was going to break down or not. Plus I got to check out alot of spots I have never been to before.

Thanks to all your advice you helped me pick a good boat too. That also made it enjoyable in that my boat worked great, handled great.

Course I already have thoughts running through my head to that I might need a bigger one next year.

Any way, just a little senseless dribble to help with my boredom

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    Must be january! I'm going nuts looking at my boat just sitting. I knew it was going to be tough watching 11K sit for 7 months but not this tough. I dont know how you guys with them big expensive boats can handle it. Course you could probably still use those big ones in the winter out in the salt.

I sure miss the days of boating. I had alot of fun last year with mine. Was pretty nice just enjoying the outdoors and not worrying about if the boat was going to break down or not. Plus I got to check out alot of spots I have never been to before.

Thanks to all your advice you helped me pick a good boat too. That also made it enjoyable in that my boat worked great, handled great.

Course I already have thoughts running through my head to that I might need a bigger one next year.

Any way, just a little senseless dribble to help with my boredom
    And then you take a job with crappy benefits so you don't get to use it in the summer either. So you quit your job, then you cannot afford the fuel to use your boat. It is a neverending circle of frustration.

I hear ya Matt.....I have to walk past my BMW 1200GS every day.... I can't wait till the snow starts going away!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Not recommended

On a second note! Pull the outboard off, grab the trailer "(with boat)" and head for the hills. Hook up to a few snow machines and pull it up the hill. Load up and slide down. Who says you can't use your boat in the snow? Don't forget to make a video for the rest of us.

Alright, i was a little bored!

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    I hear ya Matt.....I have to walk past my BMW 1200GS every day.... I can't wait till the snow starts going away!
    You can ride that beast in the winter!

Don't be scared
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

It's a great time of year to go over your tackle. Much easier to replace those damaged rod guides now vs. noticing them on the boat, figuring it isn't too bad, and having a line break.

I'm planning on building a jigging rod, doing some tweaks to some reels, and putting fresh top shots of mono on the rods. Probably not a bad idea to go trough my bucket of jigs and hitting the hooks with a file. Oh, and I really need to drag out the charger and top off the batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    You can ride that beast in the winter!

Don't be scared

There have been a few days if I would have had studded tires on it.....
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Smile one man's problem....

I wish I had the problem yous guys have.... I never thought it was to a persons' advantage to NOT have a boat/motorcycle...

Roybekks, if you can borrow them your much better off cost wise.

Default This is

A great time to install new electronics, scuppers (rabud) new fuel lines, filters (fuel) clean the cuddy (again) replace the battery boxes, make new halibut leaders, fishing weights, shrimp pot weights, trolling weights, etc.

Of course the wife is tired of me checking the NOAA weather page to see just how calm PWS has been, cause it inevitable leads to me whining that I want to go out in the boat.

I'd rather watch money sit in my yard, then look at numbers on paper (money in the bank)

Some recent years boats have been a great investment. You only loose 20 percent per year, when compared to JapanAirlines stock.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    I'd rather watch money sit in my yard, then look at numbers on paper (money in the bank)
    You got a point with that Paul. I left some money sitting in the bank to long, and now I got a small 4 stroke motors worth of Bamboo flooring in the house.

I went out and got a four wheeler recently. Dont really need it but its a liquid asset that I got to prevent future household upgrades by the wifey!