Thread: empathise with StrangerInaStrangeLand....his polaris is broke down!

Default empathise with StrangerInaStrangeLand....his polaris is broke down!

I feel that every time a Polaris breaks down....or is awaiting parts while being torn down to pieces......God kills a kitten.

Stranger's "been there done that" RMK has left him without transportation for part of the winter. This is a highly difficult thing to comes to terms with and forum members need to share this burden with this poor Alaskan. Show your moral support......tell him "there will be another winter". or "ur Polaris still loves you" or "parts will come in town on the airoplane soon"

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    I feel that every time a Polaris breaks down....or is awaiting parts while being torn down to pieces......God kills a kitten.

Stranger's "been there done that" RMK has left him without transportation for part of the winter. This is a highly difficult thing to comes to terms with and forum members need to share this burden with this poor Alaskan. Show your moral support......tell him "there will be another winter". or "ur Polaris still loves you" or "parts will come in town on the airoplane soon"
    All I can do is offer sympathy, not empathy. I ride a Skidoo.

That does really suck though. At least the snow has been mostly crappy this year so you're not missing much.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Default My widetrak LX AHHHHHHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOO!

it can happen to anybody! does anybody have a fkn bearing puller!? I gotz tha pahts.....but nobody told me i needed a bearing puller for the driven shaft bearing until a snow machine racer out of kotz broke the news to me last week!? if you have a bearing puller.....please help me!

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 03-27-2010 at 00:11.

Great outfit you got on there, Mainer.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Great outfit you got on there, Mainer.
    very funny haha knuckleheadktn

I have one

Go talk to Chad at Attention 2 Detail Sledworks, he might be able to help you. Otherwise, i'd suggest you sell that heap and get yourself a real Ski-Doo, errrrrrr, I mean sled.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

fixing this sled is easier then IRS class... less frustrations.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I have no idea what all this Poo bashing is about...but then my 03 700 RMK is bulletproof.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    I have no idea what all this Poo bashing is about...but then my 03 700 RMK is bulletproof.
    I just knocked on wood for ya.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

RMK

Default My group has em all

I guess I don't need to say what I ride, based on my handle.

In the group that I ride with the most, there is an Arctic Cat M7, A Ski-Doo Summit, and a Yamaha Mountain Max.

We are very diversified. All of us have spent time stuck, broke, leading the charge, and failing to keep up. I've seen benefits and downsides to all four of the sleds. And yea, we tease each other.

It's all part of the fun. I cut my teeth on a 1972 Ski-Doo Olympic fan cooled 399 back in the day. Back then, choices were really tough since everyone and their brother seemed to be making sleds.

The sledders have such an easy time of it now with only four major manufacturers.

Oh snap.....what's that Cat doing out in front of my RMK?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like my Trail RMK and I would say 50-75% of the snow machines in this area running and in yard ornament status are Polaris. I think it has to do with the fact they are cheap, hold up decently well, and there's so many when you need a part you can usually go shopping in you buddy's yard.

I bought my Polaris because it was the cheapest new 550 fan machine I could find with electric start and reverse. Knock on wood with 350 miles on it nothing has broken yet and I just studded it so it should be even more fun.