Thread: Sat phone numbers?

Default Sat phone numbers?

It is that time again to renew my sat phone contract and got to thinking. I have programed into my phone numbers of a couple of freinds, family, air taxiis.

I have never needed a sat phone for an emergency but I was wondering what phone numbers you have programmed into your phone / carry with you for emergencies. Also was wondering if there is a phone number to get local weather info.

Thanks

The only number I need quick access to is the Rescue Coordination Center. I have it programmed into speed dial and occasionally test it.

I believe like cell phones, sat phones are required to connect 911 calls even if your service contract has expired. In my case the 911 connects to some town in Texas where my provider is located. Still, it's better than nothing.

Default Phone Numbers

The tide books that you can pick up around town have a great list of contact numbers in them. I keep a copy in my case with my phone.

Happy New Year
    Steve

Default State troopers

would be good idea to have nearest troopers post listed for they would most likly be the ones organizing any recues,as mr pid stated some if not all sat phones 911 dedirict down south.

Default Search and Rescue Contact Info_Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by gusuk1 View Post
    would be good idea to have nearest troopers post listed for they would most likly be the ones organizing any recues,as mr pid stated some if not all sat phones 911 dedirict down south.
    I just started this stickie thread on the Survival forum.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ead.php?t=7453

As folks add contact info to the thread I will compile it all into one post. Great idea.

Perry
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again