Thread: The Andreafsky river

Default The Andreafsky river

I am planning a float on the East fork of the Andreafsky. Has anyone been on this river, scenary, water conditions in late June is waht I am particularly interested in.

How are you getting to your drop off spot?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default Been There Done That

I have been to the Andreafsky on two different occasions. Planning the trip was almost (big almost) as challenging as the trip itself. It seems to be almost impossible to get anything done in a business type of fashion but I guess that just Alaska for you.
    Last edited by Webmaster; 12-27-2006 at 07:33.

Default So true, the planning is hard

So true CA. I am planning to get pickedup and dropped off at the headwaters of the East Fork of the Andreafsky by helicopter which is super expensive. Best way I can think of is either this or sled boating up the river until you can not go any farther, or combine option #2 with a 16 mile hike after a boat trip east of St. Michaels.

How dod you do this? When did you do it? Whsich fork is better? Whats the best time or way?

If I can pull this trip off I will die happy!

Default You are so right

Quote Originally Posted by ConqueredAlaska View Post
    I have been to the Andreafsky on two different occasions. Planning the trip was almost (big almost) as challenging as the trip itself. It seems to be almost impossible to get anything done in a business type of fashion but I guess that just Alaska for you.
    Conquered Alaska, can you please give me details of your trips to the Andreafsky?