Thread: Spruced up the 300 WEATHERBY

Default Spruced up the 300 WEATHERBY

This was my winter project. It was fun to get out and finally do something for myself by putting on a nice piece of wood on this rifle. Decided to go with an English Red type stain becuase it really highlites the figure in the wood. Only thing left is to put on a recoil pad. Anyways thought I would share.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

The pictures look great. Thanks for showing your work. I guess the only question is "What will you do for the remainder of the winter?"

Nice piece of wood and the red really looks good on it. Yeah, what are you going to do with the rest of the winter????????
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    The pictures look great. Thanks for showing your work. I guess the only question is "What will you do for the remainder of the winter?"
    Hopefully, he'll be installing a recoil pad!
    Looks good, nice piece of wood.

Very nice job on some very nice wood

i do need to still glass bed the rifle and get it out to the range...then I can focus on feb and march on finding me a wolf to shoot.
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Woodwork is one thing I wish I was talented at but unfortunately I'm not.. then again never bought the neccessary tools, always used a dremel and files.. The only time I attempted to glass bed a action well actually twice the 1st time did not use enought relaes agent LOL well you should know the rest of the story 1 broke stock later... Only saving grace it was not a expensive piece of wood. 2nd time I got the accra-gel bought the wrong stuff, should of got accra-glass, after I had half the stuff ran out on the onto the floor, oh I was using putty as directed still didn't help, but at least that time I used a enough release agent but it came out horrible. The stock is at my dads house. Also it was not a very expenisve peice of wood. Both stocks bought from boyds. Ever since that my woodworking/glassbedding guns career has came to a halt.

Beautiful stock. Very nice work.

Very, very nice! Way to nice to hunt with