Thread: Ultimate Mud Wheel

Default Ultimate Mud Wheel

Here is a wheel I bet you haven't seen. 100% guaranteed not to go flat. Some guys have used them in competitive atv mud drags, others where the sharp rocks constantly cut wheels down. My uncle made them originally for farmers to drain water out of our fields when it rains too much.

http://www.trenchwheels.com/

I have seen people using a similar design that compresses the beads together on atv mud tires. The rim is very narrow and they seem to do be the go to thing for deep mud but I can't see where the ones you linked to would do well for that purpose.

If the mud were fairly shallow that might work - they would quickly dig down to solid ground, but I imagine in deeper stuff you'd be in trouble. To little contact area and no flotation.

And talk about a rough ride on any solid surface!

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Make for a nice landing after getting some air....

You would get stuck in about 1 minute flat in deep mud with those tires. They would dig down and you would be sitting on the frame in no time. I agree with AKsoldier, not near enough contact area and no flotation.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/