Thread: My new .325

Default My new .325

No pictures yet, had to put tires on the wife's car so there wasn't room on the ATM for anything other than a down payment tonight. lol I pick it up tomorrow.

Winchester Mod 70 out of the FN plant. I went for the .325 WSM because of shoulder problems. I CAN shoot the big boomers, but I pay for it for a long time afterwards, so the moderated recoil makes sense to me (even if it is limited). I will shoot it first, but am thinking about sending it off to Magna-port as they say their porting doesn't increase the noise.

I'm open to any sightings of brass or die sales... And I'll be looking for a scope over the next couple of weeks.

Congrats there buba! It will do the job nicely for you. Mine has.

I have one at 7.5lbs. scoped and I don't think it kicks that bad. Good luck. The new Winnies I've handled look like solid rifles!!!

Brett

Default Definitely shoot it a few times

I have owned three different rifles chambered in the 325WSM cartridge. One of these was a FN Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather. The Winchester was the heaviest of the three and also the lightest recoiling of the bunch and definitely has the heaviest barrel. Don't know what your recoil tolerance is but you might be pleasantly surprised on the 8mm short mag's gentle caress. . 1Buba enjoy your new rifle, the FN 70s are real nice rifles. Sounds like your a handloader, PM your mailing info and you can have the little bit of 325 brass that I still have laying around, cuz I'm out of the WSM game, after playing with them all. TS

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

Congrats! It's always a good day when you get to bring a new rifle home.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Thanks all!
    I THINK the model is a sporter. Nothing fancy, but beautiful none the less.

I know the Kimber goes about 6.3# naked, and I think this one goes 7lb 4oz. The extra weight may not be any fun in the field, but i know i'll appreciate it when i pull the trigger. lol

I'll try and post some pics tonight.

ok, I was wrong, it's the Featherweight. :-)
    Not the best pics, only had my phone handy....

Last edited by Snyd; 01-20-2010 at 20:47.