Thread: cantwell snow 2010

Post cantwell snow 2010

how is it?
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Crap. Enough on the road to maybe go into Alpine Lodge, but otherwise..crap.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thumbs up Cantwell Snow report!

Doug, when did you last see it? Craig came out on Monday and he said it was excellent! 6" to 12" of fresh snow on the highway from Cantwell all the way to the lodge in the last 10 days, and riding is great! Still need a lot more snow, of course. Al and Sue are reporting good snow on the Paxson side also.

Come on up and ride the Denali!

Claude and Jennifer (and little Bob)
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

denalihunter,

As far as access to your lodge where to folks park that head in from the Cantwell side? Thinking of a trip as it looks like the temps may be coming up.

Thanks

Default Parking in Cantwell

If you turn going East down the Denali Highway about 3 miles there is a large plowed area, with a sign that says 'travel beyond this point is strongly discouraged'. Park and unload right there and go past the sign...... I know, it doesn't sound good....heh heh. Anyhow, once passed, go 63 miles or so, and you'll be there. The lodge is 11 miles past the Susitna River Bridge, at the mile post 68 mile marker.

For during the weekdays, Backwoods Lodge can provide parking also, if you check with them. They are very nice folks. Even on weekends it might be possible, depending upon how full they are.

We have mostly parked at the sign, and have never had a problem with any of our vehicles or anything.

Some day I'm going to buy a peice of property in Cantwell and have a parking and change out room for people.... it's on my to-do list if I can ever scrape up enough pennies!

We look forward to seeing you!

Claude & Jennifer
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    Some day I'm going to buy a peice of property in Cantwell and have a parking and change out room for people.... it's on my to-do list if I can ever scrape up enough pennies!
    Need a cabin to do this in up there in the meantime. Rent is cheap

I was up there last week. Claude, there is plenty of snow to ride in to your place and have a good time. However, there is barely enough snow to really ride the backcountry in most places unless you like smashing brush. This has been a terrible year for snow up north

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I was up there last week. Claude, there is plenty of snow to ride in to your place and have a good time. However, there is barely enough snow to really ride the backcountry in most places unless you like smashing brush. This has been a terrible year for snow up north
    hey flat lander speak for your own self... i actually PREFER not so much this year. that means i wont have 6 foot of water in the spring
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

FLATLANDER 12 miles to tree line from my house..how far for you? A guy living in Clear calling somebody else a flatlander

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    FLATLANDER 12 miles to tree line from my house..how far for you? A guy living in Clear calling somebody else a flatlander
    Oh come on guys. Every person living in Anchorage have you both beat in the distance to treeline.

Yeah...but they can't ride there from their house..legally. Plus I don't have to wait for the blessing of the State park to go ride