Thread: Remington Alaskan 700 Discontiued

Default Remington Alaskan 700 Discontiued

I know this should be under another fourm. But thought it should show here also. Just spoke to Remington Headquarters and they confirmed it is discontiued. So anybody looking for one better buy it FAST!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Theres a Rem. 700 Alaskan Ti, in 30-06 at Mountain view Sports, should still be there.

I heard that rumor last year when I bought my .280 from Boondock....guess its true after all.

I don't like the way Remington is headed with their guns. Too many gadgets and fancy stuff to sell guns and not enough practicality. The Alaskan Ti is (was) a nice rifle. I don't need a shotgun with an AR style adjustable stock for turkey hunting, and I don't need a triangular barrel on my hunting rifle. I just want a dependable, accurate, relatively lightweight rifle that I can use. The exception I would make is for the Model 7 in .350 Rem Mag. That seems like a good idea, but I wish they made it in stainless.

Are you talking about the Remington XCR being discontinued?

The Alaskan Ti should have never been made in the first place, imo. The original Ti model was the best one and it got discontinued as well. Good 'ol Remington . . .

Default Original model was better.

I agree with the above also. The original Ti was a much better model, about $600 cheaper and 8 oz. lighter. Who is making the decisions - the bean counters?

I have a 700 ti in 270 win. and love it. I wouldn't think getting rid of the Alaskan would be bad if they brought back the regular ti version. The Alaskan I think was just a more expensive version, without being any better. Are there many good affordable lightweight mountain type rifles out there anymore?
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

Quote Originally Posted by lynch View Post
    I have a 700 ti in 270 win. and love it. I wouldn't think getting rid of the Alaskan would be bad if they brought back the regular ti version. The Alaskan I think was just a more expensive version, without being any better. Are there many good affordable lightweight mountain type rifles out there anymore?
    My thoughts exactly. Have a 700 TI in 270 win and love it as well. Was disappointed when Remington discontinued this model and am not surprised the TI Alaskan is following suit.

Default Verified the Remington 700 AK TI is being discontinued

Remington 700 TIs are going to be a custom shop offering only and instead of pushing 2k as the AK TIs did, they will more than likely will have a price tag closer to 3k+. Details of the Remington Custom Shop version won't be publicly released until after SHOT.

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII