Thread: Belgian blue

Default Belgian blue

Anybody know if they sell BELGIAN BLUE in the Valley or ANCH. Wanting to re-blue my barrel. Or if you have a better idea? Not looking for perfection just trying to spice up an old gun thats been very good to me over the years
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Brownells' Oxpho-blue is a great cold blue. Don't know if anyone carries it, but some of the dedicated gunshops might. Birchwood Casey's cold-blue products work just as well, although I prefer Oxpho-blue. The "belgian blue" product use a different process than the others.

If you are just touching up a few small wear marks on the gun's blue, you could buy Birchwood Casey's blue touch-up pens. They are basically a paint pen, but do an acceptable job. If it is a major re-blue, hand it over to a one of the local gunsmiths. But smaller jobs will look just fine with the over the counter cold blues on a "working gun."

Brownells sells "Mark Lee's Express blue" I have used this ALOT and it works very well. As with any bluing job, the final finish depends on the degree of polish you put on the barrel and being very clean with your process. This is labor intensive and does take some time but it is like watching child birth watching your polished white barrel turn dark black. I do seem to have a problem with the old remington 22s not taking a good even color with this..... and I don't know why.... must be the make up of the steel. I don't get on here often but if you want to send me an email I would try to help. There is a much faster way of doing the express bluing than the way the directions say. Good luck FULLCURL