Thread: Ideas on what happened?

Default Ideas on what happened?

I purchased land from the state OTC. Many, many lots in the area remained unpurchased for an extended period of time. I checked availability almost every week for 2 years as I was considering another lot. Then suddenly almost all of the lots disappeared in a couple of weeks, what gives?
    Developer?
    Wealthy purchaser?
    Natives?

I hate to say call them and find out, but...

Curious to hear the answer.
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

Answer: The information leaked out about TEOTWAWKI, Thousands of unemployed people watched the History Channel last week about the coming World depression, now tens of thousands are moving to the Alaska wilderness, to live off the land, collect Alaska Welfare, PFD, Kill all of your animals (Poach) to feed the children. Congratulations you are the proud owner of soon to be barren, polluted, tree-less, swamp, with "TENS" of thousands of thieving, raping, murdering, neighbors......Just kidding

ah crap, should I sell?

Where did you buy....Safari Lake.....?????

June creek

June Creek, well those tracks were sold to the United States Government, as the site for the Haitian Re homing housing project, there are projected to be 1,200 buildings, that should house 530,000 humans. Expect PFD payments to drop off, because of increased claimants.

Default look up adl#s

if you look up the adl numbers, you can see who bought them

heres the link

http://dnr.alaska.gov/projects/las/lasmenu.cfm

Default i was in there office last week..

they were pulled off the market pending(?) ...and not sold...... and it aint on there web site either. till they fix it.
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

If the state pulled them off the market, you may see them for sale again under another auction - at a lower minimum bid price then before. Lot's that don't sell are obviously overpriced and sometimes the state lowers the price. I believe, but I'm not positive, they have to go back to an auction when they do that. If no one bites the second time around they go OTC at the lower price.

Default They were pulled

To be reappraised.
    The lots not sold are not "over-priced" It is mostly due to the economy. sometimes they sell some times they don't

All lots start in the Auction. This is a resident only sealed bid auction only allowed to win 1 lot per person. If it is not sold at auction it is placed in a Over the counter lottery. This is available to anyone any where and as many as you put in for. What is not sold at lottery is placed over the counter. This year they pulled many parcels as they had been on the list for a while and needed reappraisal so they could be offered at fair market value.

Be on the look out for Deadman Lake to reappear this year

http://dnr.alaska.gov/mlw/landsale/p...reofPD2009.pdf

Default over-priced

"The lots not sold are not "over-priced" It is mostly due to the economy. sometimes they sell some times they don't"

I disagree. Anything, be it land, a house, a car, etc. that doesn't sell in a couple of weeks or months on the open market is simply priced too high. You may not like it, and it may have sold for that price a year ago, but if it ain't selling now, it is now over-priced.

Cool Ideas on what happened?

If a subdivision sells out they pull the subdivision maps from the OTC sales site. There are probably a number of people who default on their loans and that is probably a long drawn out process before they become available again. June Creek was a big subdivision, it looked like there were alot of good lots close to the road. Which way will the Haitians run to in their first winter Fairbanks or Anchorage. haha

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by traveler52 View Post
    If a subdivision sells out they pull the subdivision maps from the OTC sales site. There are probably a number of people who default on their loans and that is probably a long drawn out process before they become available again. June Creek was a big subdivision, it looked like there were alot of good lots close to the road. Which way will the Haitians run to in their first winter Fairbanks or Anchorage. haha
    lotta good swamp....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by traveler52 View Post
    If a subdivision sells out they pull the subdivision maps from the OTC sales site.
    It can take them a month or more to update the "map" (notice that Dishna is still showing but has been sold out a while)

Default And Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NRick View Post
    "The lots not sold are not "over-priced" It is mostly due to the economy. sometimes they sell some times they don't"

I disagree. Anything, be it land, a house, a car, etc. that doesn't sell in a couple of weeks or months on the open market is simply priced too high. You may not like it, and it may have sold for that price a year ago, but if it ain't selling now, it is now over-priced.
    They are not over priced. Just not everyone was interested in the lots, but a good portion of the ones listed are now gone