Thread: Ron Sparks Gn Shop ???

Default Ron Sparks Gn Shop ???

Hello All,
    Back in the mid - late 80's I was stationed in Fairbanks. With us was an Air Force Officer named Ron Sparks who had a gun shop in North Pole.
    I was told he'd retired and moved his shop to maybe Wasilla or Eagle River.

I am just curious (no he does not owe me money!!!) if he's still around or if anyone knows him. Thanks.

Default sparks or sharps?

I know a guy named Ron Sharps.
    Sharps Guns RR4 Dunnville Ont.
    905-774-6368

He has some old SKB stuff and he helped me with a barrel for a 7300 pump.

20 plus years is a long time, I'm sure this is'nt your guy but thought it was worth a shot. After all you should know his name. On the other hand if somebody else is looking for obsolete SKB stuff he's your guy.

Default Sparks

Nickname was 'Sparky".

thanks though

I remember the name - in fact made a number of purchases at the time. Always wondered what happened - here one day and gone the next. Have not heard of him around the Anchorage area - Good Luck in finding.

Big Sako and Leupold fan, oh yeah and Nosler bullets. Just curious if anyone had any dealings or knew what happened to him.

I remember Ron from the same time period, but he just vaporized and haven't heard of him since.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Ron Sparks had a small shop on Dimond between the Old and New Seward's 15+ years ago. They folded after a couple of years. Too bad because they were good guys.
    No idea where he went afterwards

Well, he was retired out of the USAF. That gives a person a lot of freedom when all you have to do is wake up breathing on the first of the month to collect a paycheck. Good work if you can get it. Hope all is well with him, he seemed like a good guy.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

He was a good guy. I haven't seen or heard from him in years. He also carried McMillan stocks. I bought a couple of them from him. He came to all the gun shows. I hope he's doing well.

Default thanks

AK mike, that's all I was asking, didn't know if he was still around. I am sure he moved back to the lower 48, probably closer to "home" wherever that is...

I don't know what happened after they folded. I had a buddy that used to work there so I hung out `round the pickle' barrel some. They were some good guys that knew their stuff. A pleasant change from todays dealings.

I remember Sparky. He did a couple of things for me out of his NP shop.

Also knew him through the Fairbanks Country Kickers, a CW dance club.

Default i got a rifle thur him back then...

i'll give Doug of the old down under a call and see if he knows...
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

I bought several rifles from Ron in the early 90's...from his shop off Dimond in Anchorage. I worked remote in the summer and one year I came back to find he was gone. I'd love to hear how he's doing.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Well that did'nt work...

Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    i'll give Doug of the old down under a call and see if he knows...
    i don't know.......
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......