Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen snowmachine!

Default Stolen snowmachine!

Hey guys......yesterday morning i learned my sled has been stolen....it was taken from the 16th and Karluk st area of anchorage.....2001 polaris rmk 700.black with yellow skid plate and nose with all stock parts, a gps mount, saddlebags, and a big rip in the seat. made a police report, we'll see what comes up...anyone has any info or sees or hears soemthing suspicious private message me....thank you all.

Release Lake Trout

Jake,
    This breaks my heart! Nothing is safe.
    Best wishes on getting your machine back (in the same condition). I will keep my eyes open!
    Mike
    P.S. SkiDoo RULZ!

Default sorry to hear it

Man I hope that they catch the SOB's. Can you share any more details with us of how it happened? Any leads at all?

H and F, I can't stand a thief! Tons of snow machines stolen in Anchorage and the Valley end up in Kenai, Soldotna. Kenai PD just arrested 3 in a stolen truck with stolen trailer and 3 snowmachines. If you have a case # or photos, it doesn't hurt to see if you can get them to the PDs on the Peninsula.
    There are alot of 700s out there, anything permanent on the machine that makes it different from others? Brand new parts, graphics, mileage, rips in seat, scratches, etc. Hope it comes back to you.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

good luck on getting it back... sure hate to hear about this stuff.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default check air cargo to...but be quick about it

seen a sled that was stolen once ..that were flew to a "village" never to be seen again.. (will until...) but thats another story. sorry sob's
    Here, hold my beer and watch this...........

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    good luck on getting it back... sure hate to hear about this stuff.
    Thats why I live at the end of a dirt road with BIG BLACK German Shepards. They keep my stuff my stuff
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Sorry to hear that. Good luck!!!

Brett

Default craigslist

LOTS of these models out there... but seen on craigslist tonight.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/1557766119.html

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by AkGreg View Post
    LOTS of these models out there... but seen on craigslist tonight.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/1557766119.html

Greg

pretty close but mine aint got reverse....thanks for the tip Greg

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    Thats why I live at the end of a dirt road with BIG BLACK German Shepards. They keep my stuff my stuff
    I never took much stake in dogs and wouldn't rely on them to protect my stuff. Most are "mercs" they can be bought off w/ a nice steak! That said I don't think it was a coincidence that my wheeler was stolen (years ago) less than two weeks after our shepard passed away. Too add some hope to the scenario we actually recovered ours, it was found in Jims creek area and though it needed some repairs it went on to many years of service after that.

Now for me im in the market to get a snowmachine, but for a buyer how can you be certain its not a stolden machine your buying????? is there anyway to look them up, sometimes when there a good deal you have to jump on it quick to beat others to it, how can you check them to make sure they are selling a legit machine?
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I never took much stake in dogs and wouldn't rely on them to protect my stuff. Most are "mercs" they can be bought off w/ a nice steak! That said I don't think it was a coincidence that my wheeler was stolen (years ago) less than two weeks after our shepard passed away. Too add some hope to the scenario we actually recovered ours, it was found in Jims creek area and though it needed some repairs it went on to many years of service after that.
    Oh believe me Try to give one of them a steak I promise you WON'T come in
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Bad news all around. I hope that they find the machine and the crooks. Let us know if it turns up.

I used to have a Polaris cover I used on my Skidoo to keep anyone from stealing it. I mean what kind of low life wastes there time stealing a Polaris. jk

Lightbulb u do this,Grey...

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    Now for me im in the market to get a snowmachine, but for a buyer how can you be certain its not a stolden machine your buying????? is there anyway to look them up, sometimes when there a good deal you have to jump on it quick to beat others to it, how can you check them to make sure they are selling a legit machine?
    U ask to see some pic's of them out playing with the sled.....if they said they got it new or used a couple years ago etc.. ..they "the REAL owner" will have some pic's with them and there buddys in it....some where along the line..... ......cell phone pic's,.with your house in the back round don't cut it...Muskie..u are mean!
    Here, hold my beer and watch this...........

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    U ask to see some pic's of them out playing with the sled.....if they said they got it new or used a couple years ago etc.. ..they "the REAL owner" will have some pic's with them and there buddys in it....some where along the line.....

well NOT always...

by the time my buddies caught up on those Polaris..and dug out the camera... i was rested and ready to go again
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default my thoughts

I personally like how third world countries deal with this I met a man in Iraq missing his hand.I bet there would be a decline if we punished in such a manner but I guess that wouldn't be politically correct. If somebody broke into my house they wouldn't be around to speak of it.

Just my thoughts,Big 27
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

ya im not so sure of the pictures playing on it, usually if somone needs money bad enough to give you a really good deal i dont think they are going to mess around with PROVING it. i think there has to be a easier way to do it using the serial #, but maybe there isnt and its just doest reallly matter much when buying.
    Semper Fi!

Not positive but I believe you can call Anchorage PD dispatch and have them run the VIN number. I know they do this with firearms as I have ran several before I handed over the money to the seller. Only takes a few minutes and everytime I called they were happy to run the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast