Thread: Visitors

Default Visitors

Some company stopped by.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Pictures a bit fuzzed but hows this for shot position?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

why doesnt that happen during season LOL!

He should be really nice next fall
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Thhhwwwack!!!

Nice pictures. Thank you for posting! Thats a decent sized bull still packing his antlers. You would think he would of been a baldy by now?

Thanks for sharing with us!

Time to invite the company in for dinner.

sagebrush

The fork bull in the other pic is missing the one antler, wont be long and they will all be shed.
    BHA Member

Default Drawing on such a moose....

Wow, inspirational photo isn't it? Rick P, I wonder if you'd mind if I claim a winter exemption to the no hijack rule - to share a story.

Two weekends ago, a friend and I encountered a bowhunter while predator hunting on Ft Rich. He told us this story, which your photo, Rick P (post#2) reminded me of.

After having been out many days, and on the last day of his hunt, he pointed us to a moose kill in the woods. He knew the moose well, because he'd drawn on that very moose the day it was shot.

While holding his draw, waiting for the moose to clear some twigs in the way, a car approached on the nearby road. When the car stopped, the moose bolted into, then past the clearing where the bowhunter was planning to release his broadhead. He no longer had a shot.

A bowhunter, riding in the passing truck - stepped out and shot the moose.

The hunter we met, lamented his luck, but also didn't regret holding his shot until the moose was clear of the branches. He'd gone back afterwards to resize the situation and still felt comfortable that his decision was a good one. Just not his day.

It's good winter daydreaming to think of such a view on a legal moose, within secure success range, holding only for the moose to clear those twigs. Most no doubt will choose an alternate ending.

We inspected the kill, picked fairly clean by then... sympathized with the bowhunter...repeatedly, then moved on.

Very nice!! Now where was that little guy when I was hunting out there this year!! We actually had a tweener bull about the same size as the larger one in your pic in our back yard early this month. Pretty cool to have a bull hanging around as we have some friends staying with us that just moved up from Florida and they had never seen a moose.

I don't know where he disappeared to LuJon. As you know the mountains out here are hard hunting and there are a ton of spots for them to hold up. You should have seen the bull we lost to a car accident, it is beyond me how something that big can hide so well.
    BHA Member

Never get tired of those kind'a neighbors droppin by
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Cool thing is now that hunting season is over and the rutt is done you can stalk right up on them.
    BHA Member

Default Awesome

I thought they would have all shed by now. Still may be some good sheds to drop yet.