Thread: Boss system

Post Boss system

Anyone know if its good,and where can you buy them?

I can't tell you if they really work or not,but I purchased a A-bolt this year with the BOSS system.I bought a 375H&H in S.S .I really like the gun and it shoots very well. I could not afford to scope the gun this year so will have to wait until next year to see if it really works as Browning says. The difference where I bought the gun was $57.00 so for that much I got the BOSS as it has a muzzle brake. I have only seen Brownings with the System.I would contact Browning to see if you can have it as and add on.
    Take Care and Merry Chritmas

Thanks a lot for the info!
    Merry christmas to you too

I had one of a M-70 Winchester 30-06.
    Since I hand load I did not need it.
    The muzzle brake part of it made it very loud.

I could never get anything great out of that gun as far as accuracy. So I sold it at a loss before it cursed some other guns.
    I do not have the desire to buy another BOSS equipped rifle.

Do you know if its possible to buy one separate?
    And who sells it?

They are very, very loud, just so you know. I can't stand any type of muzzle break but that's just my opinion.

Ok just looking in to it as an option,curious about who sells them etc

Default Boss

I have two Model 70s with the BOSS: 30-06 & 338. They take a lot of adjustment (read $$$), but once set properly they work well. Pick your favorite bullet and you can make it shoot. They are loud but they do reduce recoil a fair amount. The 30-06 was for my son when he was small, now he's in the Navy so I use it quite a bit.
    I suppose you could buy the components and get a gunsmith thread your barrel.

Ok so they can fit a mod 70,can you buy them online somewhere or get them directly from browning?

Mine were factory installed. I would contact Browning.

Alright,i will hear with them

I'm not sure what their policy is now, but years ago Browning wouldn't sell you just the components for the boss, I tried. They said the barrel is made for the boss and they wouldn't even sell me the barrel with the boss on it. They said if I had a gun with a boss on it and it got damaged, they would let a gunsmith replace it. I did find a place online that was making an after-market unit like the boss but i can't find it right now. I'll look more after I get home tomorrow. I ended up buying a Winchester 30-06 with the boss and now have a Winchester 338 with the boss, they work very well for tuning the barrel to the load. They make a thing (can't remember what they call it) that goes in place of the muzzle brake so you won't get blasted, that's how I shoot mine.

THe boss CR was a fluted weight instead of ported. It just added accuracy and no recoil reduction. I have a 243 browing and a winchester 70 300 win both with boss CR, it works very well with factory ammo.