Thread: Available pool time in Wasilla

Default Available pool time in Wasilla

Hi, just getting back into hard boating and want to log some hours in the pool before this paddling season. I was wondering about available pool sessions/blocks for kayaks in the wasilla area. I live 2 hours north of Wasilla, so Anchortown would be an unfortunate second option, one I may have to take from time to time.
    BTW, i've spoken with Jim at AKA and he was very helpful and informative. We spoke about the 8:30-9:30 PM Friday Wasilla Pool kayak sessions, I just wanted to send out a apb to see if there was something out there that was missed. Thanks for any help. Take care, abel6wt

Not sure if there is public time available for boats, but I know you can rent the entire pool for private birthday parties and whatnot pretty cheaply. You might check into that.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I thought I heard something about kayakers using the river walk at H2Oasis?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I have a copy of the pool schedule, it shows Open Kayak at 8:30-9:30 PM on Fridays.

Pool rental is based on the number of people and is by the hour. 0-35 ppl=$100 36-70=$130 71-105=$150 the majority of the rental times available are Sat & Sun from 11:00am- 6:30pm.

Also, according to this you can look up Pool info at www.matsugov.us

You might call the Alaska Club Valley here in Wasilla, they have a pool, and may offer kayak time there as well.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    You might call the Alaska Club Valley here in Wasilla, they have a pool, and may offer kayak time there as well.
    Ak Club pool is pretty small. They're pretty strict on usage outside of having a membership.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Pool & kayak- Fridays

Don't forget, at 8:00 PM on Fridays, we have the pool at Wasilla High for an hour. There is plenty of time to aquire a good roll and brace before spring. There are few people showing up, so nows the time.
    This is Kyle's second year in the pool, and he has developed a sound roll on both sides, and has a good brace. This will be his first season on whitewater in a hardshell, a Sidekick he got for Christmas. This up-grade, also called for a full-face helmet, and some elbow pads.
    We will begin on the Kenai in April, then the Mat, then the Redgate which he has done several times in an IK. Then in a very short time, he will be showing dad a thing or two about kayaking.
    Attached Images Attached Images