Thread: Herters Sitka

Default Herters Sitka

Tracy received this bow as a memorial for our dog Sitka. It is a 1969 Herters sitka and was given to her by Bill S. We are very thankful for his generosity, Tracy says the bow is a perfect match for our Sitka, a little flawed, big and beautiful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

No discussion of this funky old bow? Wow the size of that riser alone would be a discussion point!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Rick, I just sold a herters perfection samba I had found in the dump here locally years back in mint shape. Talk about a huge bulky bow. Shot good, just gnarly big. Must be a common thing with the old herters.

The bow I was shooting before I left for the service was an older herters after I managed to break my howatt hunter. Nice shootn bow, definatly more streamlined then that sambar or your sitka. I'm thinking more later year bow.

One thing I've noticed is ever look at jk chastains and predators, they look like the next generation of older herters looking at lines.

Default No Discussion....

Well I suppose you could nickname it the Gran Tetons