Thread: Garmin Bluechart g2 Vision

Default Garmin Bluechart g2 Vision

I was thinking of getting a handheld garmin for a backup, particularly the Oregon 550t. It has the Topo maps, but not marine. I wanted to add on the Garmin Bluechart g2 Vision map, but it says on the Garmin site that the 2009 version has been recalled. Is anyone familiar with this recall? I guess a boat went aground in Denmark, or somewhere. Is there a fix in the works? How does the Bluechart chart work for PWS?

Also, anyone have any experience with the Oregon 550t? Thanks.

Default I have a Garmin map 76S hand held....

and it works great as a backup, it already has the marine maps and functions built in, at least plenty to get you around if your console unit fails. It has memory capability and I have added topo maps on it, but haven't tried adding a blue chart, but I think it can do that.

Default Iím using Oregon 400T with G2 Vision chart

I have Topo map and G2 Vision chart on one unit. You can add G2 Vision chart directly on to the main memory and setup different profile for different use. You can setup topo for hunting and hiking, fishing chart for fishing, and regular marine chart for navigation.

I came up the inside passage last spring using the Bluechart G2 cards, and shortly thereafter got the notice of the recall. I have used them in PWS and Resurection extensively and they seem quite good. I am guessing that the recall is being driven by legal/liability isues.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Got the G-2 Blue vision chip for my Garmin Chartplotter for my Birthday last summer. Its awesome. Don't know how I ever lived without it. Only thing I have a problem with is every now and then, I loose satelite recepton, but I just had to hit a button, can't remember which one with out looking at my plotter but it found the signal back instantly. Don't know if that is the recall or not.