Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf Howler

Default Wolf Howler

I am looking for an extremely realistic wolf howler. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative, thanks.

Brad Holzer and Rich Cronk make wolf howlers out of cow and buffalo horns.

I can only speak for the Brad Holzer one as being realistic, but Rich Cronk has a great reputation in the howler market and is probably just as good. Both are open reeds and requires some skill on the users behalf.

If you go this way be careful, about others claiming to make custom wolf howlers.

Default Brad Holzer

Yep, I gotta agree with ya WaterWolf. The Brad Holzer wolf howlers are the most realistic one's I've heard. I have quite a few of Brad's calls and they're all good sounding and really LOUD. Rick Robbins makes tone boards for wolf howlers, so he could probably build you one as well. Rick does good work and I'm sure he'd work with you to get whatever you want.

http://www.rrcalls.com/

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. Its looking like Rich Cronk. Brad Holzer is not currently making them. No word from Rick Robbins yet.

Was that the report from Brad?

Yes. Verbatim.

Lol, that slacker. Great guy and great calls for sure.

Yeah I've heard great things about Brad. And talking with Rich I think he'll be able to build exactly what I want.

Default Cronk

Rich makes great calls, you'll be happy with it. Are you going to get a buffalo howler, or different horn?

He actually said he's got a large cow horn that hes going to try.

Its Rich's birthday too grp, I think he just turned 69.

Thanks, I'll make sure i mention it. I had no idea it was so hard to find a good wolf howler. I have seen and used many of my huntin buddy's but never bought one myself. I cant wait till i get the finished product

Yeah, there hasn't really been a market for wolf howlers. Most that were used were home made jobbers and usually just horns used to amplify the voice for those that did thier own howling.

Since the internet theres a few more makers showing up, but exercise caution when looking into them.

Good luck with that howler and let me know what ya think of it when ya get it. I might have to trouble Rich for one of my own.

yeah i will post pictures and info as soon as i get it.

Default Wolf Howler

I heard somebody call my name.

I would definitely be interested in a good howler, could somebody post some contact info for the makers?? Rich i sent you a PM..

Default Rich

Rich Cronk,
    Nice to see you here. What are you doing so far North?

Default Wolf Howler

Snow Man,
    Bill sent me up here to spy on ya. Not really, I am building a wolf howler for a member or two over here. Besides that, it looks like a good place to hang out.

Rich,
    That's pretty funny about Bill keeping tabs on me. He's still trying to figure out how I get his callers

There's some great information on this forum, lots of knowledgeable guys with years of experience. SongDogAl (Al in Kentucky) told me about a new call you built him that is fabulous. Are you selling that model that you built him? If so, put me down for one or email me snowcamoman@gmail.com
    Thanks a ton. Can't wait to see the guys with wolf pictures and your howlers.
    Last edited by snowcamoman; 01-21-2010 at 13:10. Reason: typo

Default Wolf howler

Snow,
    That call is simply a Killer call that has been modified by adding two external rings to act as lanyard groove. Al likes to carry about a zillion calls on one custom lanyard. I will make you one as soon as I get caught up around here. Lots of orders coming in right now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast