Thread: Beretta Bobcat

Default Beretta Bobcat

For the last couple of months been on a .22LR pistol kick and want to add another another mini. Been looking at these and most people like them but was wondering if anyone here owned one, and if you did, what is your opinion of it?
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    For the last couple of months been on a .22LR pistol kick and want to add another another mini. Been looking at these and most people like them but was wondering if anyone here owned one, and if you did, what is your opinion of it?
    They are not target pistols, but I've shot mine 5,000+ rounds with bulk .22 LR and found as long as I kept it clean, it was reliable and I could shoot it well enough to get out of any jam I might expect to with the little pistol. I've nailed a few venomous serpents in the head/neck with mine at varying ranges and killed a few other opportune varmints with CCI Stingers. The only negative I have for it is that my wife does not like it. I have not been able to keep her from "limp wristing" the pistol and it will not reliably feed for her. Other than that I have to say I've paid a lot more for handguns I enjoy and use a lot less.

I've got an older one in 22 Short with about a 2.5" barrel. I'd have to dig it out of one of my safes to measure for sure, but it looks a lot like a mini P-38.

Who knows how many thousand shorts, CB caps and gallery shorts (clay bullets) it has through it. I can't recall it jamming a single time, and it always cycles, even with those gallery loads.

I wouldn't call it a "target" gun either, but it's accurate enough to be really entertaining to shoot.

I've had many and enjoyed them all.I do like the old Minx and Jetfire best

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I like mine really well.

I use it for CC sometimes. It is light enough to carry in most any pocket, without the weight dragging the pocket down, and letting it show.

I haven't fired it that much, but there have been no issues, and I like the flip open barrel, and DA 1st shot capability.

As to accuracy, at short range, its surprisingly good.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I must've had a box full of these little things at various times.

Its hard not to be enamored with these little jewels... I rather liked the "minx" in .22 Short as just a fun novelty and a ball to shoot as well.

The Jetfire was perhaps my favorite of the bunch.

I did have a .25ACP but don't remember the model off hand, never did have the Tomcat in .32ACP but that's got to be pushing the shootability factor in that tiny frame.

These are really neat little pistols and surprisingly reliable for a minature pocket auto.