Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I might need an assitant guide....

Default I might need an assitant guide....

to help out on a grizzly bear/black bear hunt this fall.
    i posted in the help wanted section but figure even if this gets moved at least theres a little line about it...lol
    PM for details....NEED EXPERIENCED guide!
    reg or asst.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Smile are you kidding?!!!

I have seen your posts. Your clients shoot big bears and everyone knows their hides are heavy. You risk your life climbing icy slopes after goats. You have no fat on you. You can walk up hill all day and the pictures of your packs look like they weigh 150+ pounds. You never show any pictures from the air so most of your hunting is done fair chase off of your hind legs. That is alot of work! You carry a 6 lb. elephant rifle and when your bored you trick your clients into shooting it. I can't believe you have not received at least 50 replies, they don't know what their missing! I am jealous and wish I was young and strong again. I hope you get a young guy who loves the outdoors as much as you, has a hard head and a strong body, wants to learn and loves and respects our great state. Best wishes.

Default Ha ha !!

Looks like word has got around Jake, your just TOO "professional" !!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

hmmm, wish I had the fall off and was about 60lb lighter, oh... and new something about bear hunting...

I wish I had a license!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Jake i would love to have the opportunity.. but dang man...

SEPTEMBER?????????????????????????

got plans that start in Aug and end in Oct...free in July if ya need a hand...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Gee Jake, keep this up, expand to where you're hiring more than just one assistant, and you just might garner a guide concession area <grin>.

Sorry, couldn't resist...inside joke I suppose if you don't read the game management forum.

Jake if I had a license and didn't have plans during that time I would be all over this opportunity!

thanks guys...ya mark i'm trying to get big, throw a big yellow smiley face on my web page and garuntee low prices! that should get me an area! lol

ya i know..sept...geez what a stupid time to be hunting eh vince..! lol
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    thanks guys...ya mark i'm trying to get big, throw a big yellow smiley face on my web page and garuntee low prices! that should get me an area! lol

ya i know..sept...geez what a stupid time to be hunting eh vince..! lol
    Just curious - Here in Montana with a 1 on 1 hunt the guides (Payroll position) on check compensation is around 30% of the gross hunt revenues. How does that fair with an Alaska hunting guide. This is assuming the guide has his own clothing (comes (can afford) clothed for the hunting duration with optics calls and basic personal guide gear)

this is a discounted hunt with a client and his sons, pay would be 1500.
    Master guide 212

Getting paid $1500 to go spend some time in the outdoors of Alaska is a heck of a bargain!
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

PM Me what your looking for, in the military but more that happy to take september. off. Also do not need 1500, I am more than happy to do it for the hunt. Like I said let me know what credentials you are looking for.

Might help to post what level of experience is expected and/or what training might be provided.
    Good luck
    Joe (Ak)

Gotcha – assuming the rule of thumb (30% gross guide (assistant) salary flat fee compensation - on payroll) as a margin to the “gross cost” of the hunt (father + son hunt bill out for hunt) – it looks like a $ 5,000.00 hunt for this father and son. Guide pay = $1,500.00 / .3 = (hunt cost) $5,000.00 - Nice discounted price! Do you have any more hunt openings at this price?

Montana, does it matter what he's charging the customer? If you would like the hunt of a lifetime, contact him and work out the deals with him. How he runs his financials is up to him, ( and the state) not us, as consumers, all your throwing out are guessed numbers,, so ..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    Montana, does it matter what he's charging the customer? If you would like the hunt of a lifetime, contact him and work out the deals with him. How he runs his financials is up to him, ( and the state) not us, as consumers, all your throwing out are guessed numbers,, so ..
    I will have to re-read the original post - though he was in need of an assistant guide - not a mathematician.
    Joe (Ak)

Wink

I had the same thought..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

wantj...thats the hardest you've made me laugh...

montana, there are three guys coming...feel free to fire off another equation for the ages...

hunt dates are sept 9-16th..pay is $1500 its for grizzly/black bear so i need someone i like that has taken joe wants bear clinic...at least twice. biggest thing i need is somone honest, thats not scared of the dark and will listen to how i run my business...and not think they are gonna show up and reinvent the wheel.
    Master guide 212

Dang I was a camp cook lip&ear turner for tips. 30&#37; would be a chuckle at the least

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast