Thread: Eklutna/any Lake info

Default Eklutna/any Lake info

Any one fished Eklutna/Fire/Mirror, etc lately? Are they worth trying? I am looking for a a lake away from ANC (but not too far) that offers something bigger than 6" bait snatchers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks W

Smile lake fishing

all lakes have a glut of small fish that is all that F & G has till the new hatchery is up an going, on the other side of the coin there are hold over fish from earler stocking"s if you use hardwear an not bait that will inprove on your larger fish
    as for Eklutna lake there are some fish not a lot, the water level is not stable, power plant takes a lot, an the city takes some for the water we drink, so it goes up an down a lot, you need to fish around the stream inputs better water not as sility, there is a lot of lakes up in the valey the [kepler Bradley] is just as close an you catch a lot more an just as far do to the drive off the glen to Eklutna Lake up the hill fairley steep an icey [good luck]

Default lower fire

Quote Originally Posted by wesmeister View Post
    Any one fished Eklutna/Fire/Mirror, etc lately? Are they worth trying? I am looking for a a lake away from ANC (but not too far) that offers something bigger than 6" bait snatchers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks W
    I did lower fire lake a week or so ago and it was a big NADA... I think I got a bite... or I couldva been dreaming hahaha...

I am on a similiar search for something more than the stockers for the kids....

Greg

Default Mirror Lake Very Quiet

Just returned from the Lions Club/Boondocks Youth Ice Fishing Day at Mirror Lake, Sat, Jan 16. Plenty of young kids fishing for about two hours. Only saw one get a bite. Did not see any fish caught.

I tried mat-su lake on Thursday (4 hrs) and got skunked. First hole was in the center of the largest lake section (about 35 ft) second hole was 40 ft from the shoreline (about 25 ft deep). Thought for sure I would at least see something.
    I thought those valley fish would like my shiny hooks... Anybody have any luck on Trapper lake? How about Big lake? All advice is appreciated. Thanks W

Default lake fishing

that is a reason they call it fishing an not gathering, but don't give up there is fish out there I have ben told

SID