Thread: 2010 ABA Banquet- March 27TH

Default 2010 ABA Banquet- March 27TH

When: March 27TH

Where: Captain Cook Hotel, Anchorage

Price: $55 for adults, $40 for 12 and under. Tables are available (8 seats). We will continue to do our best to get parties seated together however, understand that many others have the same desire and we cannot always accommodate – especially after dinner service begins!

Guest Speaker: Corky Richardson, PSE Pro Staff, Guide, Writer and star of PSE’s television series “Bowhunting Adventures” and Mossy Oak’s “Hunting the Country”.

Tickets available @: Archers’ Den, Screaming Eagle Archery, Backcountry Archery, Bear Paw Archery, Sportsman’s Warehouse (Anchorage), or call (907) 830-0261. Tickets should be available starting next week.

March 27TH starting at: 0900
    Free Seminars:
    -Alaska Hunting Regulations 101- Overview and general Q&A with ADF&G
    -ADF&G Bear Baiting Class
    -Bear Skinning
    -Bow Tuning
    -Guest Speaker Presentation

P&Y Scoring Panel
    Bring your trophy down to get measured by an official P&Y measurer. $45 gives you an official score sheet eligible for the P&Y record book. Feel free to leave your trophy for the banquet to show it off.

March 27TH banquet starting at: 1700
    -Social Hour
    -Dinner
    -Guest Speaker
    - Live Auction and Raffle Items
    Firearms
    Arctic Oven
    Bows
    Hunts

-Governors Tags (must be attending banquet to bid or have an attendee (with proxy) present to bid on all auction items)
    Tok Sheep
    Nunivak Musk Ox
    This could be a good deal for the right person, we average ~300 banquet goers, so for those of you unlucky in the draws you may be able to pick up a hunt cheap.

An updated list of auction items (hunts, bows, guns …) will be compiled and posted as soon as they are finalized.

Default donation

I have started a small business selling safes and grills. Since I am new and very small I am unable to make a 100% donation, but I can offer you either or both of these items at cost. Just pay me after the event. Wish I could do more, but at this time I can not.

Troy
    841-0789

Thanks for the offer TV I will bring it up at the meeting to our "donation coordinator".

All-

There are still plenty of tickets left! The less that buy the cheaper the governor tags should go for, we also have an new Arctic Oven 10X we will be auctioning off so if you haven't gotten your tickets contact your nearest archery shop or the places listed above and get a ticket

We will have a fur coat for raffle. 150 tickets at $20. If we sell all 150 ticket at the bamnquet we will draw the winning ticket. If we don't sell the 150 tickets we will do it during the sportsman show.

Also Boneyard boat donated 100 grubs color of your choice.

Signed Seattle Seahawks hat by #20 Juston Forset.

We have a ton of great stuff that will be live and silent auction....
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Holy smokes only 100 tickets have sold and we are a week out! Live Auction items are looking like:

2 Governor Tags
    AO10X
    Some African Safaris
    Fishing Trip
    14 total live auctions

Not to mention a raffle for a mountain lion hunt..

Good thing ABA Directors are not exempt from bidding!

We just picked up the fur coat from David Furriers and what a coat it is!!!!!!
    This coat you can where causal or formal.... this will be raffled off.... $20 a ticket.....

This is the biggest year we had for live donations. Don't miss out. Great stuff to be given away...
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I hope the draw results come out before the banquet happens as it would suck if someone bought the Tok sheep tag then drew it afterwards.

Default Puerto Vallarta fishing or sight seeing trip

A 4 hour fishing or cruising charter within the Bay of Banderas (Puerto Vallarta),
    for up to 4 people.
    Included are bait, sodas, water, and snacks.
    The Babalu is a 29 foot super Panga with twin 90's, an enclosed head, a small
    viewing tower, and the latest fishing and safety gear available.
    A gratuity for the 'mate' is not included.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Forgot to post this earlier:

http://www.akbowhunters.com/banquet/2010-banquet.pdf

has all of the seminar times etc. and as always seminars are free

Default The permits are great but...

Called Fish and Game and seeing as the draw results may not be out before the banquet...If you bid on and win the auction permits and are lucky enough to get drawn for the same species as well...You only get to fill one of the tags. I know it makes sense, no double dipping, but it was worth the call to confirm that from fish and game.

Quote Originally Posted by polardds View Post
    Called Fish and Game and seeing as the draw results may not be out before the banquet...If you bid on and win the auction permits and are lucky enough to get drawn for the same species as well...You only get to fill one of the tags. I know it makes sense, no double dipping, but it was worth the call to confirm that from fish and game.
    yes you can use both
    Speak to Tim Thomas at fish and game. He can Explain
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default This is what is confusing at Fish and Game

If you talk to one person you get one answer then if you talk to someone else you get a different answer. But who is going to get fined/ticketed if you do use both? I will call again today and ask for Tim but as of yesterday Anchorage Fish and game told me a person could not shoot more than one because the bag limit is only one.

I'd ask the troopers, F&G won't be the ones writing you a citation and confiscating your 2 dall rams. No way, now how would I risk losing my hunting priveleges based on what a F&G employee told me.

Default The Official Answer is NO

Not to rain on anybody's parade but Fish and Game Permitting in Juneau said that due to the bag limit you would be limited to one. You could transfer the governor's tag but not sell it. Tim Thomas at Anchorage Fish and Game said that he thought you could do both but he would not put anything in writing and said to call Fish and Game Permitting in Juneau or the Troopers. The one bag limit made sense to me. I just did not want to see someone get in trouble. I would suggest the Bowhunter's Association make this clear at their banquet so no one gets in trouble if this situation were to come up.

This is the correct answer. Bag limits appy to goveners tags. I check with several people in Juneau. So I guess if you think your going to be one of the luck few and I do mean few who draw a tag.Then kick back and wait until the 31st to find out. If you want to ensure you are hunting Muskox or Tok sheep this year then get your wallet out.

Yes you can use both tags. However you are limited to one Dall Sheep
    sorry for any confusion.
    Glad to see last night the tag went for 18K
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK