Thread: Happy Holidays to All!!

Default Happy Holidays to All!!

Wishing every outdoorsmen a safe and blessed Christmas!!
    There's plenty of room for all Gods creatures; right next to the mashed potatoes!

Default The Right Duck Boat in AK

All,
    I am relocating to Anchorage. I've been duck hunting out of a 16' Xpress Jon Boat with a 40hp Yamaha prop motor. Is it worthwhile bringing this rig to Anchorage for duck hunting or just a waste of time and money? Will a prop be useful or is it all jet boats? Thanks for any advice.

Thumbs up Duck gear

I think you will be fine with your boat , you might find that you could use another motor but there are a lot of places in the salt that your prop is the best. I have a 40hp jet and prop and I have no trouble finding the ducks. Let me know when you'll be coming and I'll give you a few spots.
    There's plenty of room for all Gods creatures; right next to the mashed potatoes!

Default The Right Alaskan Duck Boat

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the helpful information on boats for ducks in Alaska. Due to cost I went ahead and sold my boat before arriving in Anchorage. I look forward to starting over for the 2007 season. I'd love to hear of the few spots noted below. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hntdux View Post
    I think you will be fine with your boat , you might find that you could use another motor but there are a lot of places in the salt that your prop is the best. I have a 40hp jet and prop and I have no trouble finding the ducks. Let me know when you'll be coming and I'll give you a few spots.