Thread: FN 5 seven

Default FN 5 seven

I am curious about this little pistol. What kind of accuracy are people seeing? Is ammo redily available? Would it be too much to ask to use it on coyotes or fox and maybe the occasional bunny?

I've been wanting one of those for a few years now. The cost of ammo is what has prevented me from buying one, and that was a few years ago...I can't imagine what it costs now...lol...still want one though...

I don't know much about accuracy and the like, but it would easily handle a bunny/'yote, etc.....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

they are easy to stay on target with during rapid fire, low recoil, and hold 20 rounds in the mag make it a great pistol! with SS190 it will penetrate kevlar armor.
    Semper Fi!

You can find these pistols for 10 to 20% less than their original pricing. I cannot speak to the cost of the ammo as I bought a case right off the bat. I have shot it and there is really no recoil to speak of. I would carry it for anything except bears. 20 shots does compensate somewhat for a marginal aim.

Matt

Default 5.7

The 5.7 has a loud report and some muzzle flash but recoil isn't bad and accuracy is very good. Ammo prices have come down and armor peircing ammo is no longer sold in the US.
    As fas a varmints it should work well for varmints out to 40-50 yards; it didn't seem to have any problems taking out the soldiers at Ft. Hood so a large varmint would be managable.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

We have sold at least 50 of them to date and from the reports we get, it is extremely effective on varmints as well as seal, otter and the like. Accuracy wise, at 75 yards I can put 20 rounds in a paper plate with open sights (at least I was able to do that once)

Ammo is problematic occasionally. We urge folks to buy several hundred rounds every chance they get to ensure they always have some. Our customers pretty much buy it in case lots.

We are going to do some 5.7 SBRs this year using the PS90

The grip on there looks incredibly large. I've never asked to get one out of the case and hold it, but thats the impression I get by lookin' at it anyway. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    The grip on there looks incredibly large. I've never asked to get one out of the case and hold it, but thats the impression I get by lookin' at it anyway. Am I wrong?

Yes

So I'm thinking my giant-of-a-man self likely wont get his mitts around the thing very well...

I have a buddy that works for I.C.E., he bought one last year. I have enjoyed a few rounds through it. It's a great shooting hand gun with low recoil and a high amount of accuracy.

He shoots rifle steels at 200 yards every time he goes to the range just because he can. The steels are 12"X12" and he does it off hand. He's a better shot than I. I liked the feel and the grip size.

I would imagine a varmint at any range you can shoot accurately wouldn't have a chance against a 27gr 5.7mm @ 2000fps.

http://sgcusa.com/Handguns-FN/c84_105/p1391/FN-Five-seveN%C2%AE-USG-Flat-Dark-Earth-(3868929230)/product_info.html

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    So I'm thinking my giant-of-a-man self likely wont get his mitts around the thing very well...
    There's allways the lady-smith

Talking

Hate to say it but the large grips are actually small when you consider that inside them are 20 rounds of ammo and a mag.

Yes, the grips are big, the recoil is low, and I find the trigger to be a bit funky. I like a trigger with less travel.

Matt M

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    There's allways the lady-smith
    **clutches yellow card**

Well played, sir...
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    Hate to say it but the large grips are actually small when you consider that inside them are 20 rounds of ammo and a mag.

Yes, the grips are big, the recoil is low, and I find the trigger to be a bit funky. I like a trigger with less travel.

Matt M
    The XDm 9mm holds 20...

Gonna have to get my hands on one, I guess...or get a lady smith