Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware of *************

Default Beware of *************

I recently purchased a helmet from these people on their recommendation. Wore it for one ride and it was terrible. Leaked air and fogged up worse than any helmet I have ever owned. Tried to return it and they were rude and unprofessional. Do your self a favor and take your business elsewere.

Edit: Negative business comments not allowed...
    Last edited by hunt_ak; 01-12-2010 at 17:06.

Default Not allowed to name businesses

My personal interaction with that particular company has been only positive.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    My personal interaction with that particular company has been only positive.
    Hm. Guess I ought to brush up on the forum rules myself...I have seen so many threads where businesses are named (usually for positive reasons) that I thought it was okay also.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    Hm. Guess I ought to brush up on the forum rules myself...I have seen so many threads where businesses are named (usually for positive reasons) that I thought it was okay also.
    Positive - yes.
    Bashing - No.

Not sure I follow the logic, though. If a business sucks, then let it be known lol.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I did edit the post above as per our forum rules...

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Not sure I follow the logic, though. If a business sucks, then let it be known lol.
    I agree with this 100%. However, the site owners set the rules and we get to follow them

Back on the subject, I have always had good success with said business and they were actually supportive of our AOD poker run this fall. If you would like to know which business, PM myself or the OP. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Positive - yes.
    Bashing - No.

agreed totally.. i guess you have to get personally ripped off one at a time to find out.
    Semper Fi!

I presently live and work close to Lake Clark

Default Bashing

I understand the reason for not allowing bashing. There is another well known site where people bash businesses and other people by name and you don't know whether it's true or not.

Default ???

What brand and style of helmet?

Can you describe your set up? Visor or goggles? Glasses?

Maybe we can help you get the most out of your helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabushrat View Post
    I understand the reason for not allowing bashing. There is another well known site where people bash businesses and other people by name and you don't know whether it's true or not.
    Same can be said about positive info. I've seen biased BS info passed on here specifically to promote ones' business. I actually like trekking to said sight and seeing what people have to say. Just because they allow equal opportunity opinions doesnt make them evil.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

We are equal here too! Just like momma said nothing nice to say, say nothing. Really though the big thing is the liability to the site as host of this forum. Things said here and hosted by that AOD could open Mike and company up to litigation which would be bad for all of us!

For the record I have never had anything but the best dealings w/ the aformentioned business, in fact when I had problems w/ a set of bibs I purchased they replaced them immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    We are equal here too! Just like momma said nothing nice to say, say nothing. Really though the big thing is the liability to the site as host of this forum. Things said here and hosted by that AOD could open Mike and company up to litigation which would be bad for all of us!
    Thats understandable. Freedom of speech does have its limitations.

For the record I have never had anything but the best dealings w/ the aformentioned business, in fact when I had problems w/ a set of bibs I purchased they replaced them immediately.
    Sorry but I don't buy that excuse, lots of other sites allow both positive and negative reviews of business' and they are still going strong.

I know nothing's going to change and my opinion doesn't mean squat but there it is anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Sorry but I don't buy that excuse, lots of other sites allow both positive and negative reviews of business' and they are still going strong.

I know nothing's going to change and my opinion doesn't mean squat but there it is anyways.
    Akhunter45, the mod said they were supportive of AOD poker run

HUM. this has me thinking. What country do we live in? I thought there was this "thing" called free speech. Don't the owners of the site know this? OK I understand they need rules and we must abide by them. I guess this is why my wife keeps telling me that I could catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. So what,?, we can't even mention the brand of helmet? or that when a snowmachine breaks down and it sucks for the time period of which it takes to get it fixed we can't mention that it was a Polaris, Yamaha, Skidoo, or john Deere. Maybe we can just use acronyms from now on and we can all decipher them...................

Mike, I'm pretty sure that knocking a brand of helmet, certain type of ammo, or why you think chevy trucks suck is OK, but for now the site owners would like negative comments about local businesses kept out of the discussion.

Default In case you forgot

Alaska Snowmachining This is the place for discussion of motorized snow travel in Alaska.

Default Just an observation

I joined this site because it was one of the very few sites I thought one could come to and have decent conversation and exchange ideas on outdoor activities. It seems that when you have a great site like this, some people always want to turn it into a negative thing. This is a privately owned site and the person who owns it has every right to run it as he sees fit. I personally would hate to see it turn into what Craigslist Rants and Raves has turned into. Just my opinion

And AKFISH73 had his opinon too............

The liability thing is BS, otherwise this is the only forum on the entire internet that is subject to liability concerns. And I mean the ONLY forum.

Real reason is site wants to make money, and guaranteeing no negative comments allowed would be an incentive to anyone wishing for high-travel low-cost advertising. And the site does belong to someone who can set any rules they want.

On topic, did you try to work it out with the company regarding the problems with the helmet?
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    The liability thing is BS, otherwise this is the only forum on the entire internet that is subject to liability concerns. And I mean the ONLY forum.

Real reason is site wants to make money, and guaranteeing no negative comments allowed would be an incentive to anyone wishing for high-travel low-cost advertising. And the site does belong to someone who can set any rules they want.
    While i agree with you about the liability thing and think that we need to do something and find a way to allow negative posts you are way off base about Mike and the advertising thing. You won't find a more honest man than Mike and no one that is more concerned about being impartial about a product.. I know personally that Mike has turned down endorsments and free merchandise to maintain an impartial stance and platform that is above scrutiny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast