Thread: Tree Stands

Default Tree Stands

I am curious what kind of stands you guys sit in at your bait stations? I also would like to know if you are using fall protection equipment of any kind. Brands, techniques, etc?

Thanks,
    Chris

I don't know the make of my treestand because I inherited it from my Father In-Law. Thing is so old the letters have been rubbed off and duct taped to high heaven around the gun rest
    I have been researching the Summit Viper series. Lots of accessories! I like the drop-down blind and 180 degree advantage.
    Go for comfort and a nice comfy Gorilla seat

Fall protection
    I prefer wearing a harness (cheapy from SW). Better to be safe than sorry!
    One of my husband's friends back in the midwest, lost his life falling out of a treestand. Impaled himself on his ameristeps.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

I bought a new ladder stand (15') from sportsmans a couple years back. It's real nice, although i had to buy display, they through in a real nice vest harness (illegal to sell stand WITHOUT harness). I'd go check out SW..

My pop never told me tree forts were just for little boys. Also Jess my fall protection is a roof it protects me from the elements
    Last edited by ironartist; 01-21-2010 at 12:04.
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Talk about DELUXE EDITION!

Reminds me of my perm. whitetail stands back home, only out of wood. Great fabrication there!

Default sweet set up

Ironartist that is a sweet set up man you could spend the nite in that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff156 View Post
    you could spend the nite in that thing.
    No kidding! Put a little heater in that thing and voila! Heck they'll prob come snuggle with ya, HAHA

Iron,
    Looks like you got a hotel in the sky!! Looks very comfy... got a coffee pot up there? We could have a bait party in the trees
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Default A few

My current bear stand is a permanent one constructed between four trees. Yes you can put a lounger up there if you want too.

For other stands I have two Gorilla King Kong fixed stands. Three odd fixed stands and one Loggy fixed stand. Back in NY I left six permanent ladder stands, one climer and one Loggy ladder stand.

While I like the permanent stand, it is not the safest because it is constructed of lumber. There are ways of making such stands safer such as using galvanized lags, support blocks but since I can't add drawings here I won't elaborate.

The Gorilla King Kongs are a very good, sturdy, roomy stand. For long jaunts, the Loogy portable at 11 pounds is my favorite as I have a fleece bag that covers it for silence.

The climber is good if you plan on moving around, but heavy. I have also been in the seat and have had the base ratchet itself down the tree to the ground. An interesting situation!

The Loggy ladder stand is only ten feet high, but has accounted for the second biggest whitetail that I have ever harvested. He had sex clouding his mind and senses. Still for an aluminum stand it is light enough for some travel

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default safety strap

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    ...The climber is good if you plan on moving around, but heavy. I have also been in the seat and have had the base ratchet itself down the tree to the ground. An interesting situation!
    Not to laugh, but I was just imagining the look on your face, looking down and seeing that!

There's supposed to be a safety strap connecting the upper and the lower to prevent their separation by more than 3 feet - you didn't have one of those on there, right?