Thread: Ice Fishing on Harding

Default Ice Fishing on Harding

Anyone been on Harding this year? Any Luck?

Richard

bad winter kill, something happened, lots of dead fish, cisoes is mainly what we're seeing. Nope not a fish in the lake alive that we've marked . I'll be doing more 02 level checks tomorrow, look for my pickmeup truck, lil yota.

Unhappy

wow...more info please. This would be horrible if true - I was thinking of hitting Harding on my next venture out in a couple weeks...fingers crossed.

Default Harding

Fished there last week. Nothing. I hadn't heard anything about the fish kill, but we were the only ones on the lake.

Dont' take that post literally, thought the smilies would get your attentions guess not.

Landed a nice laker a few days ago, had some others show interest including one hit I missed. It's been a pretty slow winter so far. I still think the fish are scattered and havent schooled up at all making multi fish days pretty tough. Not impossible as they seem to come by in small waves and you might get on a nice school of active fish and pull a couple out before they move on.

Lots of pressure, sure hope we get some more snow. Sorry guys, they are slow growing fish and it disturbs me to see how many are keeping them. More so the lakers then char. Last I heard fish and game is worried the lakers are NOT repoducing. That puts some of those 20+lb fish almost 30 years old!

Default Catch and Release

When we catch a good size Laker or Char we take a pic, and let it go. The only fish we keep are the just legal ones. I think in total over the last 5 years we have keep 3-5 fish.

I'm not sure how long it is but I have been told that a Laker can take 20-30 years to reach 30lbs. And they only spawn every other year. That is why I think it is a good idea to to release the big ones for good genetics and for future fishing.

Just my thoughts!
    Richard

Amen Rich!!!

I've kept one of each. Never had laker before and managed to deep hook the one char. Everything else goes back.

You're right on age and repoduction. That said last I heard (last winter) they werent sure if they were even spawning at all!!! Seems this winter there is a much higher number of people on the ice!!!