Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Lake 1-10-09

Default Lost Lake 1-10-09

Snow conditions kinda sucked, snow was like concrete. The trail to treeline was a bumpy motha with some short stretches of ice, no biggy though. The weather was great, the sun was out and the temps were around 30*. Still had a blast.

Out of treeline somewhere two lakes back.

Not much snow, but still a fun place to play.

Sweet move.

How are you liking the Yammie? Who is riding the Rev and the M8?

A buddy went down there around that time and they pussed out and didn't go up the trail...said it was incredibly icy...

On the way back down in the evening the trail was very icy for long stretches, definitely worse at the lower stretch than it was in the morning. At about the 1/2 mile point from the parking lot someone tried to cover the icy trail with spruce bows and snow. That spot was completely tore up. I imagine they couldn't make it. When we hit the trail in the morning, we were the second group on the trail and it didn't even phase this newbie rider. Stay in the icy trench and gain as much speed as possible before any climbs.

I'm 6 rides and 300 miles into this sled. So far I like the Yami. But to be honest this is my first sled and I have no idea what I'm missing, if at all.

I'm riding somewhere this weekend, even if it's Eagle River or Big Lake by myself. If you are interested a trip to Petersville could be in the works.

Grem, if I have a kitchen pass next week I'm home, I'll give you a shout and maybe we can make a run somewhere....

James, we are going to Petersville this weekend, if you want to hook up with us you are more than welcome. We are staying the night Saturday evening but will be riding all day Saturday and most of Sunday.

Anyone know if they got any snow over last weekend? or this week?

Thanks fellas

I have heard that they are getting a bunch right now but don't know for sure how much. Everything is turning white again up there.

The Lost Lake weather report I read said the snow will eventually turn to rain by tomorrow. Whose knows how accurate that report will be. Seems these meteorologists flip a coin to predict the weather.

Thumbs down Lost Lake

Looks like the Light will suck regardless of how much snow they may or may not get.....I think I will hold out for a sunny day after this weather blows threw. Maybe that trail will be in a little better condition....

Nice riding with ya Grem....As always.

Short clip from Sunday. Nothing exciting but fun nun the less.

AKZ125-151400-
    WESTERN PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND-

INCLUDING...WHITTIER...SEWARD...GIRDWOOD...MOOSE PASS
    400 PM AKST THU JAN 14 2010
    .TONIGHT...NUMEROUS SNOW SHOWERS...MIXED WITH RAIN NEAR WHITTIER.
    SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 3 INCHES. LOWS IN THE UPPER TEENS TO AROUND
    30. LIGHT WINDS.
    .FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW AND RAIN SHOWERS.
    HIGHS IN THE MID 20S TO MID 30S. VARIABLE WIND TO 10 MPH.
    .FRIDAY NIGHT...SNOW LIKELY...POSSIBLY MIXED WITH RAIN NEAR WHITTIER.
    SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 3 INCHES. LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S TO LOWER 30S.
    VARIABLE WIND TO 15 MPH.
    .SATURDAY...SNOW AND RAIN LIKELY. HIGHS IN THE MID 20S TO MID
    30S...COLDEST INLAND. VARIABLE WIND TO 15 MPH EXCEPT NORTH 10 TO 25
    MPH NEAR SEWARD.
    .SATURDAY NIGHT...SNOW AND RAIN LIKELY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S TO
    LOWER 30S. LIGHT WINDS EXCEPT NORTH 5 TO 20 MPH NEAR SEWARD.
    .SUNDAY...SNOW AND RAIN LIKELY. HIGHS IN THE 30S.
    .SUNDAY NIGHT AND MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH
    A CHANCE OF SNOW. LOWS IN THE 20S. HIGHS 25 TO 35.
    .MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE 20S.
    .TUESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW.
    HIGHS 25 TO 35. LOWS IN THE 20S.
    .WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE 20S.
    HIGHS 25 TO 35.

mthayer, I'm assuming you were on the REV. Whats the fuel consumption difference between that and (I'm assuming your brothers) M8?

hunt_ak,
    As far as fuel consumption goes I can't realy say...My Brother is a little easy on the throttle. So, he does not burn much fuel. I keep mine pinded as much as posible... if I had to guess I would say they are pretty close to the same. I would burn a little more in the deep stuff were as the M8 would need fuel sooner on the trails. But we are talking about 136" track V.S 153" track. Not realy apples to apples

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    mthayer, I'm assuming you were on the REV. Whats the fuel consumption difference between that and (I'm assuming your brothers) M8?

Lost Lake on Friday, head of the Firehouse trail!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool stealth mountaincats!!

Is that you James? I rode Lost Lake on Friday with 2 guys on black Cats, 1 an M7 and the other an M8. I was on a red and black Rev Summit. Firehouse trail was a bit tough to get up but once we did, the riding was spectacular. I couldn't even imagine riding there with 2 feet of fresh snow. Awesome place to ride!!

Nope, not me. I had to work on Friday. I'll be chasing the snow this weekend.

That was a different James, he's the son of a rider I know from Snowest. Looks like Lost Lake is suppose to get some snow this week, might have to go rip it up on Saturday.

If you are interested in a LL ride on Saturday I'd be interested.

I am actually, it was a ton of fun and the wife would love riding up there. It looks like it is suppose to get some snow this week though i'm not sure how much. I think Primrose would be the best bet, Firehouse was an ice chute in a few places and the trail is getting to be like the road into Petersville.

Looks like Seward is calling for a mix of rain and snow for the rest of the week. Maybe that will be an onslaught dumping of snow up high.

My sled is practically loaded and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Is that you James? I rode Lost Lake on Friday with 2 guys on black Cats, 1 an M7 and the other an M8. I was on a red and black Rev Summit. Firehouse trail was a bit tough to get up but once we did, the riding was spectacular. I couldn't even imagine riding there with 2 feet of fresh snow. Awesome place to ride!!
    Yep, but this is John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast