Thread: look out, wasilla!!

Exclamation look out, wasilla!!

SFW and their minions are planning to show up at your AC meeting and "win" like they did in anchorage.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Well here is the SFW call to action, below. Note their partner orgs. Again, no bios, nothing but a call for sheeple to show up and vote for names on a list. I wonder how the Mat-Su AC would feel if most of the votes came from people from Anchorage:

Big Win in Anchorage- Now off to Wasilla!
    And we need you to help get some great Alaskans elected

Greetings!
    Thank you for answering the call to action last Tuesday- the response was tremendous! Sportsmen and women led by SFW and our partner organizations of SCI, AOC, NRA, & Conservative Patriots, who share our values, showed up in record numbers. The message we sent to those with anti-hunting agendas was loud and clear:
    We, the hunters, trappers, and fishermen are the real conservationists, and we care deeply about the resouces that we help manage and pay for.

We have a huge opportunity this Wednesday the 13th at the election meeting for the Mat-Valley Fish & Game Advisory Committee. (7pm at Wasilla High School)

Let's drive the point home that we care enough to show up in force, and elect some Alaskans that truely represent all aspects of comsumptive users including hunting, trapping, fishing, and guiding.

Listed below are the eight individauls that SFW Alaska suggests for the committee.

Mel Grove Stephan Bartelli

Andy Couch Bennett Durgeloh

Tony Jones Dan Montgomery

Eric Beckman Kathy Thompson

With two huge turn-outs in a row, we can send a message to the anti-hunting folks that we're serious, and we're here to stay. So please invite a buddy or two and join us Wednesday, at 7pm, at Wasilla High School.

Sincerely,

SFW Alaska

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

so who are our forum members that need reelected?

Kind of funny they completly ignore all the interior AC's
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Vince

Mel Grove, Andy couch,Bennet durgeloh. Actually the list seems pretty good but let us reappoint those that are already serving. Hey Vince, Very good question.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

I'd put Daffy Duck down as a shoe-in before an SFW electorate. What a farce. Rigged, just like the pres. elections.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Mel Grove, Andy couch,Bennet durgeloh. Actually the list seems pretty good but let us reappoint those that are already serving. Hey Vince, Very good question.
    NOW... which one are you... so we can change your name to

"gotWooped2010"

Just kidding .. he kinda does a lot around here, seems like we should keep him EH?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default vince, you are killing me!!!! Too funny

Actually, I don't come up for re-election till next year. Those guys I posted are knowledgeable, always show up and contribute a lot to our meetings. Andy Couch and myself are the "Two" sport fish guys there. Don't discount the others on the list, just come and listen to what they have to say. That is all I ask from all attending.
    I already volunteered my services to be sergeant at arms for the night. Bring my Ithaca 12 gauge for riot control? The AC Chairman is mulling my offer as we speak!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default Hey Whop?

Do you have any idea whether the chair or Boards Support is going to allow voting before nominations have occurred, and nominees get a chance to speak, as happened in Anchorage?

How would you (and others) react, do ya think, if the votes were mostly from Anchorage Area? No matter the outcome I mean.
    Thanks,

Next thing you know those nefarious charactors from the NRA will want to shut down hunting for caribou in the Kenai Mountains. Oh wait the are locals doing that now.

Why again are we scared of the outsiders? Seems to me people in Alaska are doing a whole lot more to shut down my hunting opportunities than NRA or SCI.

I don't know who the Conservative Partriots are but just the name should strike fear some around here.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Default Bushrat, to answer your question...

I e-mailed Sherry wright with fish and game asking if we can hold off giving out the ballets till everyone gave their three minute description of them selves. Her reply was that the rules only state that someone attends an election night, it does not make them stay the whole meeting. And if she would have done that she wouldn't had been able to get out of the Anchorage AC's election meeting till after midnight or one AM.
    So to make a short answer long, it will be business as usual.
    People will be able to sign their name, cast a ballot and then just leave.
    I'm a little nonplussed over this rule but what the heck do I know? Maybe we should put in a proposal to the Board support section to change that?

Thanks for reply, Whop.

Methinks if those are the rules...that the rules need changing.

Regarding the other question...and I suppose I should just ask it just of you, instead of how you think others would react...what would be your take if, say, the majority of votes in a Mat-Su AC election came from Anchorage residents? Would that bother you?

Default well... When the BOF/BOG...

Looks at comments from the Ac's, I'm sure they group both of these AC's together for the sake of ease on their part in deciding local imput. After all, ADF&G says anyone from south-central is allowed to give imput. I look at it this way, there are what? 70 something Ac's? Now if an Arctic AC was given priority in say 14B, for the sake of public imput, to those boards, I would be pissed. Cause they don't live close to here. Anchortown is just a stones throw from Wasilla. When out of area proposals come up for a vote, and I don't know anything about the issue, I usually vote undecided, unless it is just a slam-dunk issue I can grasp
    That said, I'm disappointed in the process, not the outcome. I just beleive it is just plain rude to cast a vote cause someone else created a list , then had their buddies without thought, vote for that list. I want informed voting, not block voting. I lean conservative but am registered an independent voter, Why? You ask? Cause I don't follow a party line. I make my own informed choices and only ask that other's do the same. Giving out ballets without hearing from a potential candidate is anethemia to me. Look at what happened to a few intentioned souls that ended up on the opposite's list? They got screwed due to sheep following a list.
    So in answer to your question, excuse the rant, Having Anchorage folks voting does not really bother me. Uninformed voting bothers me.

I can't wait till next year when I should be around and able to get more involved!! It is horribly frustrating to watch this stuff from afar! I would love to get someone in there who would vote no across the board on special interest hunts. I know there are a couple now (per the last meeting I attended which was unfortunately LAST Jan). IS there anyway to vote by proxy? It would be nice to see a place online where the nominees can write an essay about themselves and their views ahead of time!

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Her reply was that the rules only state that someone attends an election night ..... And if she would have done that she wouldn't had been able to get out of the Anchorage AC's election meeting till after midnight or one AM.
    yeah, well if it says "attend the meeting" then it means ATTEND THE MEETING!!! not drop by and vote.
    and i really don't care when the board support person gets home. not my problem.
    look for a resolution addressing the issue of "stop and drop" voting directed to board support from the homer AC
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Default Get you name on the list.

I asked for suggestions on the Anchorage AC post and got ZERO responses.

So what do you expect the MATSU AC or any AC to do about this?

All parties will have to play by the rules and as far as I see they are. I still think that the voting should be held after everyone has had a chance to talk, but I wouldn't expect this at tomorrows MATSU vote.

Bottom line is if you want to become a part of the AC, get your name on a list. The organization that brings the most people will win!

Troy

At the Kenai/Soldotna AC meeting last night most of the seats were unopposed. Even with over 150 people attending there were very few nominations. In any event, the chairman had all of the nominees speak, allowed the attendees to ask questions and then had the people vote.

After the vote was tallied, most of the people left but there was a very good opportunity for public input, to ask questions of the nominees and at least have minimal information about the candidates before making decisions.

Kudos to chairman Mike Crawford and vice-chair Paul Shadura for a well run meeting and election.