Thread: Soldotna Meeting Tonight!!! Need a big turn out!!

Default Soldotna Meeting Tonight!!! Need a big turn out!!

I heard through the grapevine that the anti hunting crowd showed up en-mass at the elections in Anchorage. Thanks to the strong showing of the Mat-Su Valley hunting crowd they were not able to gain the seats they wanted. I expect that the anti's will try the same tactics in Soldotna tonight. Lets have a big turn out folks!!!

Kenai/Soldotna Fish & Game Advisory Committee Elections
    The Kenai/Soldotna Fish & Game Advisory Committee will meet January 11th at the Soldotna Sports Complex at 6:30 pm to hold elections and prepare comments for the BOG Statewide meeting.
    WE NEED A HUGE TURN OUT FOR THIS!
    IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR OUR HUNTING & FISHING FUTURE!
    THE GREAT TURN OUT WE HAD IN ANCHORAGE MADE THE DIFFERENCE!
    The Kenai/Soldotna represents Alaskan hunters and anglers. Decisions regulating fish and game management plus allocation of fish and game among user groups are all made by the Boards of Fisheries and Game.
    Residents of Kenai/Soldotna get their voices heard through their local Kenai/Soldotna AC. Every voting age Alaskan who shows up at the Kenai/Soldotna AC meeting will get to vote for members. AOC recommends that Alaskans who support active fish and game management vote for the following candidates. I'm not sure about the forum rules so PM me if you would like the list that Alaska Outdoor Council recommends.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

hey John it is good that your requesting, however don't you think rather then voting for members the AOC recommends, that people should be encouraged to listen to the nominees and vote on that basis...

several good member of the Anch, AC were listed as "greenie non hunters" by mistake of the LISTS that were circulating.

i suspect the Soldatna AC will not have the run as the Anch, due to political influence and availability.

one of the largest issues that are arising from the Anchorage meeting were that people voted off the list many not bothering to enter the room in the first place.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs up

Let's just hope the guys and gals on the Penn have the guts to do the right thing, like the folks in Anchorage demonstrated. Send those Greenies packing!!!
    Good Luck to the Hunters and Fishers who are candidates.

I think State Law provides for Proxy Votes to be legal in most elections. Perhaps the AC's should consider this method for future elections. Or....do they already and few know about it or use it??? Anyone know if it can be used?

PS: Keep a real close eye on the folks from Homer. They will derail your process if you give 'em half a chance.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    hey John it is good that your requesting, however don't you think rather then voting for members the AOC recommends, that people should be encouraged to listen to the nominees and vote on that basis....
    Vince,

I agree 100%... People should make their own determination. However some may chose not to go to the meeting because they have no clue who to vote for. The list I was given was copied from AOC's e-mail alert and should provide a good basis for pro hunters attending. You can make up your own mind after listening to the candidates speak.

Default Hey, don't forget the AC's

Also represent sport fishermen too. How about voting for someone deeply committed to helping the fisheries also. Remember, this is just not about predator control. Some folks seem to forget. Cook Inlet BOF meets next year and will set policy for the next three years. We need people that will be knowledgeable and can also represent the sport fishing interests so keep this in mind while you are mimicking a list. That is all I ask.
    Just for your info. There were only about 40 votes from the Valley. No where near enough to have actually changed the outcome. 396 or so votes from anchorage.
    The Mat-su's AC meeting is on Wednesday night also. Wasilla high school at 7:00.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default Close eye, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post

PS: Keep a real close eye on the folks from Homer. They will derail your process if you give 'em half a chance.
    ... but there are still plenty of hunters down Homer way and they hopefully will represent. Not all are huggers.

I'll be at the Sports Center tonight. We don't need nonhunting bastids on the AC.

Homer has their own AC, but as citizens are welcome to any/all AC meetings.

Default "We don't need nonhunting bastids on the AC"

KenaiMike,

I don't know you and this certainly ain't personal, but your comment that we "don't need no nonhunting bastids on the AC" is really imo at the heart of a lot of what we hunters say that is offensive and beyond the pale.

I have some friends who are non-hunters. They respect my way of life, that includes hunting and trapping. And I'd welcome them on any AC, and believe they'd be good members. To label them all "bastids" and generalize to such a degree is why, if those kind of ideas prevail, the privilege of hunting will decline, and the perception of hunters will be one of disrespect.

Sincerely,

Default Great turnout~

I attended the Kenai/Soldotna Fish & Game Advisory Committee tonight. There was a great turnout of the local hunters and sportsmen and women. The nominees all professed to support our hunting/fishing heritage and the vote reflected this. I knew a number of the A/C members and nominees that were elected, and the outdoor activities that we love are in good hands in the Kenai/Soldotna area. Thanks to all who showed up tonight.

I second that... It was a good turn out. I wish there were more nominees rather than walk-ons but from what I heard it's sounds like we are in good hands. IMO the brown bear population and personal use fishery's seemed to be the most vocal subjects. Thats good, hopefully the elects will help solve some public concerns that have been growing with those two issues.