Thread: Micrometer for Dillon Powder Measures

Default Micrometer for Dillon Powder Measures

A friend of mine stumbled onto this after-market micrometer for Dillon powder measures. UniqueTek Link We ordered a couple of them up, and I installed mine over the weekend. So far I'm VERY impressed with it. The installation was straightforward, but I did read the directions several times to make sure I didn't botch the install.

After installing the micrometer, making the adjustments is MUCH smoother & more precise. In addition to having micrometer markings to easily repeat adjustments, making the actual adjustments is also more intuitive than using the plain factory hex head bolt. There's NO guessing or even thinking about which way you need to turn the micrometer - you just twist the micrometer to a higher or lower number. Easy!

Some photos...

The micrometer before installation:

After installing and sitting overnight to let the Loctite cure.

A closeup of the micrometer markings.

A view from the underside. There are two parts that are held with Loctite. The head of the micrometer is Loctited directly to the powder bar, and the sliding piece in the powder bar is Loctited to the threaded end of the micrometer. With the sliding part now fixed to the micrometer, adjustments are made by the fine threads in the micrometer head, instead of the course threads in the sliding piece (as issued from Dillon).

I guess I can only get four photos per post, so here's the last photo:

As she sits on the press:

For $50, I consider the micrometer to be a pretty nice upgrade. Unfortunately, due to the "permanent" nature of the installation, a person will need one for each of the powder bars he/she wishes to have a micrometer. Swapping the mic back and forth between different powder bars is not a realistic option.

Thanks Dan, I'll add a few to my collection. Those micro adjusters will come in handy for my pistol and spherical powder loads.

I use the Dillon exclusively but as I'm sure you're aware of they don't measure extruded powders very well. In that case I throw about 1gr short and trickle up.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. That will be perfect for my SDB.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."