Thread: already getting excited

Default already getting excited

I know its early but Im already getting excited about baiting I have baited before and taken black bear but this will be the first year I take my nine year old son out, so I cant waite for the season to get here I just odored two bait balls and two tubs of sent balls for baitem907.

Hey, i'm new to the forum as i just found it last week. I can't agree more with you. I actually took the family out scouting for a nice bait site this past weekend. Just to make sure i'm within limits of houses, etc.

Good luck taking your 9yr old. I've been bouncing the idea around to take my 6yr old.

Dodge,
    Welcome to the forum!

skybust,
    You didn't tell me your son was going!!! He is going to have a blast. I love it when their eyes light up and they get the shakes. PRICELESS!! Best of luck with your hunt.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

sky bust... 9 years old are fun to haul along.. remember to take him with you when you bait each time... that way his sent is in the area also... Do not expect more then 1-2 hours in the stand the first few times... comfort, attention many things are hard for them to master. when i take the kiddo.. i usually have a good idea of times they are hitting and get in 30-45 min proir...

dodge... welcome to the forum...come on in have some fun

6.. well there are lots of fun things they can help with.. you will find they are probably NOT ready for bear stand hunting except for short periods.. and i worry so much about having the little one with me once the Big bears start hitting.. the older kids all know to MOVE!!! when i tell them too.. the younger ones... need to be grabbed up. and approach to the stand is ALWAYS a worry and you can't leave them back aways to check it out first....

i prefer to let them help make bait set up the stands, put gear in my pack fill the water bottles.. and teach them all along... then wake them up at 3 am to show them what good work they did with a fresh bear in the truck..

i know. your child and choice... MY O.P not one i am comfortable with..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

First off, thanks for the warm welcome!

I was a little hesitant to take him out as well, heck, i'm even hesitant to take the wife. My last stand was very "subtle" except for the last day when that 8ft griz sow and her 2 cubbies showed up. I wouldn't of wanted him there for that and that's all that keeps crossing my mind. I guess a small hint from above.

Excellent reccomendations for helping setup, he loves doing little things like that for ALL my hobbies. Makes him feel "apart" of what i'm doing. I think i'll stick with this strategy for a couple more years. Thanks for your input!

Default thanks

Dodgefan01
    welcome

Thanks to everyone else my son has been on a moose hunt and on many duck hunts with me he cant get enough of it. We have already been shooting his rifle a 30-30 and I have been showing him videos so he can see where to shoot.

Excellent, Nothing like passing down generations worth of knowledge to our youngens to pass it on!

I got my son an airsoft for xmas last year and a mini bow this year. Oh and my 2yr old LOVES my duck calls!!