Thread: Zodiac repair question

Default Zodiac repair question

I have an older Zodiac Mark II and am wanting to fix some area's on the raft. The floor and some of the seams is all really but in my search for repair, I came across a product call "SRC Tuff Coat". I have never seen this before and just wondering if anyone has used it before or can add any insight on it? Sounds almost too good to be true but figured someone here has used it.

Thanks.
    Tony

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tzieli22 View Post
    I have an older Zodiac Mark II and am wanting to fix some area's on the raft. The floor and some of the seams is all really but in my search for repair, I came across a product call "SRC Tuff Coat". I have never seen this before and just wondering if anyone has used it before or can add any insight on it? Sounds almost too good to be true but figured someone here has used it.

Thanks.
    (edited) (I) have been using mostly 2-part liquid plastics in our repair facility. We have looked at 'Tuff Coat' and so far see it more as a shortcut (or even field expedience).

If you wish to take on the project at home saving labor expense... (I) can lend a hand... or give us a call for helpful tips or instruction one on one.

Here are some things to consider ---

We go about these particular projects with an emphasis on:
    1.) Project layout(repair or accessorizing)
    2.) Quality Air tooling
    3.) Thorough prep-work
    4.) Attention to detail in sequencing
    5.) Selecting the proper glues, primers, pigments, for coating applications
    6.) Monitoring curing processes in a state of the art heated slab facility
    7.) Proper safety measures (ie. ventilation, fire suppression, eye protection, and familiarity w/ MSDS.)

It is critical to get the job done right from get go and the first time around!!!

Some of the coating projects we have in house currently are armor-coating seam-lines and repairing pin-hols on a 15' Maravia Raft used by the U.S. Air Force --- constructing indestructible, fast cleaning/drying/easily-removable seating for a DeHaviland Beaver --- and turning self-inflating thermal camping mattresses like 'Thermarest' into raft pads like a lighter-weight more packable 'Paco-pad' (provides great flooring for a PackRaft)
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 01-11-2010 at 23:08. Reason: advertising

Thumbs up

Thanks -

Got your pm...

pm sent...

Default transom

If you are going to glue her up anyway - it is best to peal down the rubber on the backside of the transom and check the wood in there real good. If no issue - it is easy to reglue it - but if the wood is bad - well, you have other issues to deal with.

A zod with torn floors and a bad transom is good to use for patch material.

Default Go See Daniel

There is a guy named Daniel who handles all the inflatable repairs at Marita Sea & Ski. Take it to him and he will tell you what your options are. You can call Marita at 337-2744.

Default Thanks

I know of Danial, good guy and the transom is solid. Turns out I'm good with what Brian has offered and will take him up on his repair offer.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I will advise of my repairs once completed.
    Tony