Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: concealed carry

Default concealed carry

Just curious what/how other guys out there carry. I don't carry all the time, but when I do it is usually a Smith 38. Depending on what I'm wearing, either an ankle or shoulder holster.

Default carry

It depends on where I am going and who is with me. I may have on a Glock 27, Glock 20, 1911 or a Ruger Redhawk.

Default Concealed Carry

Glock 27 in a ankle holster in warm weather or Kimber 1911 on hip with long shirt or jacket!

1911 (colt commander)

Glock 27 in 40S&W
    Tennessee

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

shoulder griz LAR 50AE or glock 20 hip IWB

Para Ordnance Carry 12 or Sig 226

Default Concealed Carry

Glock 30 and Galco belt holster.

If 7 rounds of 230 Gold Dots don't get it done, you were in the wrong place to begin with!

Glock 22 in a DeSantis Cozy Partner IWB year round.
    Now what ?

Ruger GP100 with .357's. Out in a belt holster so people can see it.

HK USP .40 for me....and I never reveal my carrying a weapon.Why give the bad guys any idea.Could be a disadvantage.

Talking What do I carry?

Simple..... The biggest one I can hide at the time!!! Sometimes dues to weather it's my Keltec p32... Usually it's my Keltec P11 9mm... with the belt clip it's pretty handy. However if I'm wearing a big jacket, like during fall and winter I'll carry something more full sized with a bigger bore like my Witness or a 1911....
    Once I get to Alaska it will probably be a big revolver though...

While not being the biggest fan of poly framed guns this has been a very reliable carry gun. And the fact it doesn't require a holster is pretty handy..

Merry Christmas...

reuben....

Since we are on the subject of what concealed weapons we carry, I am wondering when you guys carry your pieces? My wife finds the idea of my carrying a concealed weapon "uncomfortable."

Default Carry gun

Springfield V-10 for me and Glock 21 for the wife....maybe we should trade; she's a better shot and could get along with the smaller mag in the V-10....

Usually my Springfield G.I. 1911 with standard ball ammo, or when I need it small, my Bersa Thunder 380 with standard FMJ ammo. For the 1911, I have an inside the pants holster that is very comfortable, got it at Alaska Shooters Supply, and for my bersa, I stuff it in a coat pocket. My Bersa is also my truck gun. it sits in the center console or the gove box of my truck at all times, unless I decide I need to carry it (hardly ever).

Oh, and for the larger critters (bears), I carry my avatar (the little picture....). Ruger Bisley 5.5" SS 45 Colt with 330 grain hard cast lead with 26 grains of W296.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    Since we are on the subject of what concealed weapons we carry, I am wondering when you guys carry your pieces? My wife finds the idea of my carrying a concealed weapon "uncomfortable."
    Everyday. Everytime I go out the door.
    Now what ?

If clothing is light I have an old S&W airweight 3 inch 38 spec. Old 125 grain Fed Nyclads.

Heavier clothes, the Springfield 1911 (golden Sabers) or the 4 inch Python (Fed 125 grain crater makers). I sold my last Sig-P-220 which I really regret.

In my past life I "had to carry" all the time. Now it is not a usual thing. Although there are always a couple nearby in a jacket pocket someplace, I don't feel any overwelming sense of insecurity by not being well heeled 100% of the time. What is between your ears is much more improtant that what is in your holster.

Default When?

Almost all the time. If the clothing I have to wear won't hide one I don't but otherwise I am.
    Springfield Champion 45
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Default How to carry

One thing to remember is that in a fight, you may not be able to get to your ankle holster. I always carry either an in the pants holster, or my fanny pack if clothing doesn't allow. Something I can reach if I get blindsided and am on the ground. I can get to it with either hand while fighting with the other.

The fight may come to you suddenly, so wherever you carry, be able to get to it while actively fending off someone (even on the ground)!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Kimber CDP .45

A must have CCW weapon. This is the best weapon for the job. All rounded edges for comfort close to the body carry. I'm not a big guy, so I needed something small, but powerful. With the CDP I can wear almost any longer shirt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast