Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junk mail through Private Messages!

Default Junk mail through Private Messages!

Anyone else getting spammed through their PM's? Got one for online meds a while back and one today for "girls photos." Not what I want, at least not through my outdoors forums.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

the mods are aware of it... KEEP REpORTING those messages and post you see...

they will get the hole filled as it's found.

girl photos to eh? any good?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    girl photos to eh? any good?
    I am far too principled a man to even consider looking at such things on the internet......and, of course, it's spam so who knows what you'd get if you opened it. Can I forward those things so YOU can tell ME if they're any good??
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

I got spam in a pm last week, it was Vince.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    hope you wiped it off...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    hope you wiped it off...
    I'm sure he did..right before he flushed...

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    I'm sure he did..right before he flushed...

All i know is some one needs to watch out blamming me for spamming...

i aint paying NO MORE SUPPORT CHECKS!!!!!!!

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    He got me too. Only reason I didn't turn him into the forum police is because the joke was REALLY funny
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

What is the world coming to when you can get a virus from just looking at a picture of a girl!!

In all seriousness please keep reporting these spammers. We are working on additional measures to fight them but the pm tactic is pretty new and thwarts some of our surveilance (by that I mean a bunch of nerds reading all of the posts and banning those responsible for the bad ones). I know you guys don't get paid to help us fight this stuff but on the positive side, neither do we!

Talking

Just some guys out PHISHIN'. Nothing wrong with that, is there?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I got the "girls" the other day and got another one today something about "hello my friend about your computers security" how do i report this???

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    I got the "girls" the other day and got another one today something about "hello my friend about your computers security" how do i report this???

I've gotten 5 in the past week or two, I just forward them to Brian M....We all know he has copious amounts of free time to deal with these things....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

You can forward them to me, or even better, use the "report PM" feature by clicking on the little red and white triangle in the upper corner of the message. I know this is a hassle, folks, and we're trying to figure out a way to stop this from happening. At this point the best we can do is ban the offenders as quickly as possible. Reporting the message sends an e-mail to us, which is often the fastest way to get our attention.

Default Spammers

I think I banned 3-4 people today, mainly Chinese it apperars. There seems to be a lot of activity going on in the past couple of days. Keep reporting it. One mod is on nights and I am usually on by 6 a.m. Brian and I both teach so the days are hard to keep up with the spoor being posted by us.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

On a side note, if the username already has a line drawn through it, that means we have already banned that person and that you don't need to report the message. Thanks for the help, folks.

yeah, for the night time please forward it to me as well as hit the "report PM" feature. I am not always on but I do what I can and the web filter here is having fits w/ my email so that options isn't so good for me.

Just reported another one 10 minutes ago by using that red and white triangle. So much fun.

Default Dang

No one loves me I guess.

Only PM is get is from actual members asking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    No one loves me I guess.

Only PM is get is from actual members asking stuff.
    I would forward you one of mine, as I got one more today (and yesterday), but I already deleted them. But I'll keep you in mind.

Default LOL

Where I work we have a seperate spam filter program, I get between 100-600 a day of emails telling me if my pecker was larger or lasted longer or if I have a rolex I could get one ot the youg girls they are advertisine as long as I updated my paypal, ebay, Well Farge, Ally account information. Which would fall in line with the losing weight by mind control and aacai berries which would work well with the vicoden and oxycontin and other meds from offshore accounts.

My self esteem has taken quite a bruising in the last few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast