Thread: snowballs in 2010

Default snowballs in 2010

so far the ptarmigan gods have been nice to my partner and I. Yesterday we busted a couple birds and today we shot seven (only six in the pic). Temps ranged from 0 to -10 with enough wind to make your eyes water and miss more birds than we'd like to admit.

Good times on the hill and enjoy the pics

Very nice Richie... do you take your pup with you and your partner?

no, I believe he is too young to come out hunting with us. I'm working to try and get things right in the yard before taking him out in the field....besides the snow is too deep for him.
    My buddy and I have older labs and they usually tag along with us to help find the birds when they fall in the bush.
    But the little booger does get fired up when I bring home some birds

Good stuff! Do your older labs flush for ya too or just help find em? My friend and I took his 2 year old lab out with us the other day and he was having a blast running around but he has no formal training and I doubt he would do anything. But he could have flushed some stuff for us cuz he was quite busy galloping around. He usually stayed within 20 yards too so it was within range. He injured his dew claws on the way up the hill so we didnt even really stick around to hunt. My buddy is very protective of him and as soon as he saw blood he wanted to take him out. I was fine with it as I have a dog as well and would be concerned too. I will say the dog didnt really seem to mind too much fortunately.

we just enjoy getting the dogs out having a good time. They actually flushed some yesterday so it worked out in our favor. Both labs are mainly used for duck hunting but they know whats going on once we grab the camo and shotguns...so to leave them at the house is kinda rude...