Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kitchen gadgets

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default kitchen gadgets

so i was watching the boobtube EARLY the other morning and along came Nuwave..
    the newest greatest oven every house should have...

so i ordered one, what the heck all that free stuff,,, and i a always looking for healthier ways to cook and eat, especially now as i gain more then i loose and seriously consider resuming smoking to curb it.

well it's here and has all it is supposed to getting it cleaned up and ready for it's initial test run..

but it also got me thinking.. what about all the other kitchen gadgets ?

the Ron co Rotisserie ( actually # 3 ) sits on the shelf with the gotta have blender, toaster oven, waffle iron, George Foreman griddle, vacuum packer, steak cuber, grinders...

of the lot.. the ronco has been my favorite over all ... obviously since i have worn 2.5 of them out

what is your favorite kitchen gadget and why.. like wise you wish i had never wasted the $$ one..

for me that is easy.. toaster OVEN used 2 times.. i thought thats what Microwaves were for.???? and TOASTERS too...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

The best kitchen gadgets I have found are called, fork, spoon & knife. I use them numerous times every day. Sometimes I even use a plate.

i'm partial to the stove, and dishwasher myself

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Vince,

My favorite is my Pronto double deep fryer. We are beer batter and garlic fries (home sliced red potatoes) fanatics. I make it once a week when at home. I've had a few fryers and this thing is the best I've ever had. Easy to maintain, change and clean oil and heats quickly. The double baskets are the cats meow.

http://www.prontohome.com/shop/dual-profry-deep-fryer?searchReason=MISSING_PRODUCT

My second is the Ronco Showtime Rotisere. Mainly for prime rib, roasted whole chickens and roasted porkloin.

My third which I never use but my youngest boy loves to make Belgian Waffles for the family on Sundays. They are awesome.

http://www.waringproducts.com/ret/catalog/product.php?cat_id=3&product_id=1&item_id=1

My wife attempted to buy one of those things you ordered at Kohls in Achorage in November. It was on Sale for 150 bucks and I convinced her to put it back as we have waayyyy to many gadgets in the house.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

chico... i was looking at deep fryers the other day.. should have purchased the one at lowes i seen...

an electric TURKEY fryer... large enough for a 12-15 lb bird, and all the gear for fish and other..

the reason i was going to select it over the one you have is SIZE bro... full dinners in no time.. party fish frys and used IN doors latching lid for storaged etc... and not much more incost the the waring... with twice the capicity...

but alas... lowes sold them all...

i am gonna give this thingy a good run.. it has a 90 day satifaction garuntee... so i can send it backk...

gonna have to try to make the water less hard boiled eggs.....

with out water in 10 min???.. sounds to good to be true

not to mention... i hate running the big oven for small roast or such.. dang the powr bill is out of hand some times
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Vince,

I've never seen the Electric Turkey Fryer. I cook a few turkeys a year nn my outside turkey fryer but I mainly use it to boil crab or clams.

I forgot until you mentioned roasts. For beef roasts which I only do a few times a year, I like a crockpot. For Moose Roasts or moose stew, I luuuuuvvvvv my pressure cooker.

I would be interested in your report on your new gadget. Just in case I should eat crow and get one for my wife.

Mark

bread machine
    decent kitchen knives
    laptop for combination ideas
    my great grandmother's cast iron skillets
    rice cooker

My all time favorite is my dishwasher (the mother of my children)!
    She doubles as a cheese grater, peeler, gopher, beer fetcher, bourbon pourer, and a many other things.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    Vince,

I've never seen the Electric Turkey Fryer. I cook a few turkeys a year nn my outside turkey fryer but I mainly use it to boil crab or clams.

I forgot until you mentioned roasts. For beef roasts which I only do a few times a year, I like a crockpot. For Moose Roasts or moose stew, I luuuuuvvvvv my pressure cooker.

I would be interested in your report on your new gadget. Just in case I should eat crow and get one for my wife.

Mark
    so far so good... kinda neat being able to watch food cook with no flame or obvious heat source

the unit sides do get hot to the touch however the top is cool to the touch. ..

we made 5 frozen bass fillets on the rack and 4 servings of tater tots under in the pan, in 13 min ...

while the kiddos ate.. i used the recipe book and made the right side up .... upside down pineapple cake.. done in 20 min..

i miss my old convection oven. i think i will use the heck out of this thing real easy to clean also.. what really peeked my interest was the adjustable heat range... it will dehydrate as well bake and roast.

we did just buy a new croc pot a fw months ago.. i like it as it has a temp probe and shuts off at the desired internal temp.. want a med rare roast... set it 150 deg.. thats what it will be.. LOVE IT>..

i dont use my P/cooker for meat. i will have to give it a go... maybe

meet on face book here

Default My best kitchen gadget

My GIRLFRIEND! Reason being, picked er up for a song n dance, the maintenance is low, (for now) the food is awesome, cooks a variety of foods, self cleaning, even cleans up after me sometimes, she's easy on the eyes and best of all she can be used in other parts of the house!!!
    Last edited by mntransplant; 01-10-2010 at 00:28. Reason: forgot to add reason
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Quote Originally Posted by mntransplant View Post
    My GIRLFRIEND! Reason being, picked er up for a song n dance, the maintenance is low, (for now) the food is awesome, cooks a variety of foods, self cleaning, even cleans up after me sometimes, she's easy on the eyes and best of all she can be used in other parts of the house!!!
    Thats bold! My wife says the same about me. When I'm off Slope she calls me her House B--ch. I love to cook especially with a bottle of wine, for me of course.

Vince

How does that gadget work with Moose or other wild game? Also, do you thaw your food first or put it in frozen like is says it can?

Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    Vince

How does that gadget work with Moose or other wild game? Also, do you thaw your food first or put it in frozen like is says it can?
    well we will do the game this evening.. the fish was frozen last night.. 10 min and done to perfection.. was nice too.. no oil or butter for nice broiled fish i rubbed on some Cilantro and sweet red pepper.. yummy!

made bacon this morning fat free, the kids love watching it.. and quite too.. i am so far impressed.

meet on face book here

I will anxiously awaiting on how your wild game turned out and how you prepared it along with tenderness. We need a smiley face for yummy!

nuwave oven is a good buy and how many times have you used in the kitchen so far ..along with a good bread machince ..i looking for a bread machine

Default Full meal deal.

on the menu

red taters

stuffed clams

4.5 lb rib roast, Kosher salted with one onion cut on top and lightly peppered

cook time to rare 45 -50(pause at 30 to add clam) min remove taters, slice best rare cuts out for dad.. add cutlets for kiddos along with sweet bread 2 min to med/rare and warm bread.

Lady's and gentleman we have a WINNER!

nice juicy, moose roast, perfect small baked tatoes, and stuffed clams.. (those are from market freezer)

ILIKEIT!!!! UUUUURRRRRPPPPPP!
    Attached Images Attached Images

meet on face book here

We get the most use out of our Zojirushi rice cooker. The dang thing was expensive, but I've had it nearly 10 years and the thing is awesome. Keeps rice warm and moist for days if you want it to. We've also been getting a lot of use out of our magic bullet (single-serving blender) lately. We were having a hard time getting our kid to eat veggies, so now we make him a smoothie almost every day out of yogurt, broccoli, spinach, carrots, and either oranges, apples, or grapes. He loves it, and he's finally getting something green in him. As an added benefit, making single-serving margaritas is a breeze.

Make sure you keep the receipt. The longer you keep em, the higher the maintenence is. And unfortunately there is no warrenty offered. But as long as you trade it in every once in a while, you should be fine.
    That's what she said...

Default matjpow

Good point! Plus they're kind of like computers, you buy top of the line and the next month they're already outdated..
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Good point! Plus they're kind of like computers, you buy top of the line and the next month they're already outdated..

or you pick one up on a good deal only to find it was broken and poorly refurbished in the process

meet on face book here

Vince

That finished roast looked perfect! It definately looked juicy, but was it tough or tender? Asking fact finding questions to see if I made a mistake by telling my wife we didn't need a new gadget?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast