Thread: Affordable fish finders?

Default Affordable fish finders?

I apologize if this is a recurring question, but I'm thinking of buying a decent (affordable) fish finder to use through the ice.

Any recommendations?
    John
    "My rod and my reel, they comfort me."

Lowrance fishin buddy....portable fish finder works pretty good thru the ice and picks up most fish and your lure and gives accurate depths.....works good on the boat too. about 100 bucks. hope this helps

Release Lake Trout

showdown by aqua view super simple to use and cost effective. try sportamans have them call fairbanks if they dont have one. how about a camera?

Marcum VX1, the showdown will have all kinds of interference if there is another flasher on the same lake.

marcum lx5 man I love mine..but she aint nesiccarily cheap .

The fl8 and fl 18 seem nice...I'm sure you can find one used online pretty easily!

You might also contact the companies and check for refurbished models.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i know there were some really good deals out there but after extensive digging...

THIS IS the CHEAPEST fish finder i could find.....

seems like a fairly affordable one though i gather it may be some what difficult to understand from time to time... and is prone to static just when you think your understanding it...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

terrible Vince LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    i know there were some really good deals out there but after extensive digging...

THIS IS the CHEAPEST fish finder i could find.....

seems like a fairly affordable one though i gather it may be some what difficult to understand from time to time... and is prone to static just when you think your understanding it...

Good god Vince. Coffee all over my moms keyboard on that one. I can say, It is a very very good fish finder but does have a static issue. Plus the off button does not always work. Fairly easy to run but does not come cheap at all.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

The ones that run on Alcohol are waaaaaaaaay more expensive than the ones that run on batteries!!!!!! And that particular Alcohol fueled fish finder couldn't Phind a Phish if you slapped him with it!!!!

Default Aqua view

I have a fish finder, not sure of the name.. its new and works awsome also a aqua under water veiw finder/ camera if you want to buy one.. Was thinking of putting it on craigslist..

I am asking 325.00 and its all yours.. I live in palmer.. Pm me for my number,

Hoytguy

I have an aqua view camera... Very cool. But when I want to do nothing but slay a bunch of fish I get my Lowrance x67c ice machine. That thing is sweet. It is a summer and winter outfit that has absolutly changed the way I fish. Get one of these, trust me they are well worth it.

I would avoid any LCD screens in a fish finder. The reason is, that in cold temperatures the LCD display freezes up and gives inaccurate readings. Vexilar and Marcum flasher type displays are awesome. "Cheap" will be a very relative term!

Default Thanks guys

You've given me plenty to research. I've never actually used one of these things before, but I have some very fond memories of my Dad and Grandfather staring at their fish finders as we trolled Cherokee Lake in Tennessee. They always seems to find fish.

John
    "My rod and my reel, they comfort me."

The x67c ice machine has been put through the test. Its an LCD screen but its made to be put out in the cold. Ive fished mine at -20 with no shanty and it had zero response time lag. If you have a little shanty I could not ever imagine you would be fishing in something cold enough to lag the screen anyways