Thread: Reloading - Moulding, Casting Supplies?

Default Reloading - Moulding, Casting Supplies?

Gonna be in the anchorage area in the near future and was wondering if anyone can recommend any places that sell reloading and casting supplies? Thank you in advance for any feedback!

Depending on what you're looking for, Sportsmans Warehouse, Mountain View Sports, or Great Northern Guns.

Mike

Casting stuff is very limited. Probably better off to order from suppliers like Midway, Graffs or the like. Great Northern has a few molds and lube and a few other odds and ends. Some of the other stores have a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    Casting stuff is very limited. Probably better off to order from suppliers like Midway, Graffs or the like. Great Northern has a few molds and lube and a few other odds and ends. Some of the other stores have a few things.
    Dittos. Occaionally I'll pick up a mold on GNG's used table, but asside from that I've ordered my casting supplies. It used to be you could get a 5 gallon bucket of used wheel weights from tire stores for $20, and melt it down to yield ~100#'s of alloy, but most tire shops seem to no longer sell used ww's. I squirelled away 600#'s a few years ago, and still have a little bit left You can get ww's off of ebay for ~$1/lb shipped in a USPS flat rate mailer, and considering the grief and mess of melting down ww's, that's not a bad deal.

I do have a lee 10# bottom pour furnace if you're interested.

Default Lead

GNGs had some lead bars the other day for $1 / lb. Don't know what kind of alloy it was.

I picked nearly 1000 lbs of wheel weights melted down for $200 a couple of years ago off Craigs List. Stuff in very hard - the blocks have a ring to them when you hit them with a hammer. Now I've got to get back to casting again this winter esp. for the .500 S&W and some other larger calibers. Purchasing cast bullets is just too expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Dittos. Occaionally I'll pick up a mold on GNG's used table, but asside from that I've ordered my casting supplies. It used to be you could get a 5 gallon bucket of used wheel weights from tire stores for $20, and melt it down to yield ~100#'s of alloy, but most tire shops seem to no longer sell used ww's. I squirelled away 600#'s a few years ago, and still have a little bit left You can get ww's off of ebay for ~$1/lb shipped in a USPS flat rate mailer, and considering the grief and mess of melting down ww's, that's not a bad deal.

I do have a lee 10# bottom pour furnace if you're interested.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Gun Traders has (or once had) casting and reloading supplies.