Thread: How does the 450 bushmaster properly headspace??

Default How does the 450 bushmaster properly headspace??

I'm confused regarding this cartridge. I already don't like it and I find it confusing because it doesnt appear to properly headspace. The cartridge is based off of a 284 winchester cut down, doesnt have a rim that is larger in diameter than the case wall, doesnt have a belted rim, doesnt have a shoulder........so do folks think this is ok?? basically it locks up in the chamber with just the rotating bolt of an AR-15 type rifle.....is that enough? Could straightwall cartridges in a rotating bolt lock up type rifle possibly not even need a means to headspace as long as the bullet doesnt contact the rifling?

Most semi automatic handgun cartridges headspace of the mouth of the case, also the M1 carbine rifle cartridge and a few other rifle cartridges.

Like any other form of headspacing, the case has to be properly sized to the chamber, and all is fine. I haven't heard of any headspacing problems with the 450 bushmaster, and the way the internet is, if there were problems, you'd know about it.