Thread: Back to the State

Default Back to the State

Here we go again. When it all gets sorted out I hope that the rights of dipnetters do not get degraded. I have come to really depend on the fish that I take home from Chitna. Not only to supplement my freezer but to provide a link to Alaskas past and pass on that tradition to new generations. Dipnetting is always one of the best parts of the summer. I look forward to it every year.

http://www.newsminer.com/pages/full_...dow_left_top_1

Default You can't be downgraded ...

More than you are at this point. This suit is to upgrade your status for a better priority when things get lean and mean. If you want dipnetting to continue, Join Chitina dipnetters association or the South Central Alaska dipnetters association. Both of these groups are fighting for your continued access. Put your money where your mouth and heart lie.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default ADN late to the party..... again

Interesting how often the largest paper in our state is second (or third) to arrive at the party:
    http://www.adn.com/outdoors/fishing/story/1084964.html

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    More than you are at this point. This suit is to upgrade your status for a better priority when things get lean and mean. If you want dipnetting to continue, Join Chitina dipnetters association or the South Central Alaska dipnetters association. Both of these groups are fighting for your continued access. Put your money where your mouth and heart lie.

I'm not sure Mark Hem can honostly think this is a "major victory" when we end up putting the decision back in the hands of those who are so heavily influenced by the commercial fishing industry. Maybe the judge should consider attending the March meeting and observe the board members and their actions.

Default Mark is an optomist...

He looks at it this way, at least the BOF has to re-visit the eight requirements to become subsistence. It could have become a rubber stamp to continue the original decision. This time around, people will be watching what actually happens. The state originally said the BOF decision years ago was defensible. The dept of law thought it would be instantly upheld. Not as we speak it isn't. Will have to wait and see what developes. Hey Kids... Stay tuned!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?