Thread: 2010 3 Rivers fly tying get together

Default 2010 3 Rivers fly tying get together

Hey Tiers,

We are starting again to get together at 3 Rivers on Sat morinngs. Usually we meet starting aroung 9 but this next morning i.e. tomorrow I will be shortly after 10. Hope to see some of you again and others for the first time. This is a time where we just get together and tie and visit about all kinds of stuff, great time.

George

There was just two of us there last Sat. I tied Thundercreeks and remembered that tying sparce is not as easy to get a sale-worthy fly. They are fine for catching fish (mostly cause I glued some eyes) but it humbles one to the skills and dedication and time in at the vise pros put in even if it is over seas.

Next Sat. will be at 9 am ish and I will be showing an easy extended body for may flies.

George

I found out last night that we will be signing on our house Thursday so will be moving this weekend so won't be tying at 3 Rivers. Sorry I was looking forward sharing so will do that next week end.

George

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    I found out last night that we will be signing on our house Thursday so will be moving this weekend so won't be tying at 3 Rivers. Sorry I was looking forward sharing so will do that next week end.

George

Keep me posted for next week, my buddy and I were going to head over this saturday.. Hope the move goes smooth.
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

Are you guys getting together tomorrow (23 Jan)? I don't know squat about fly tying but I am now hooked on fly fishing and a buddy of mine just loaned me all of his fly tying gear. I want to learn how to tie my own. I have a fly pattern in my head that needs to get into the water.

Saturday we played with some extended bodies that was easy. Adukhnt was that you there??? If so he worked on his first flies and was able to tie one of these.

Real easy and hope to do a video soon.

George