Thread: i need info on the following info to see if i can do the tank home in the ground

Default i need info on the following info to see if i can do the tank home in the ground

i need to find a couple of things to get the ball rolling on the tank home..

n1 i need to find a place that sells super small sized pea gravel and a 1.inch sized and 3/4.inchs sized diff sized gravels rocks for the use in the tank ground and diff sized rocks for the top layer

n2 i need to find a company that does excavatings in and around toward homer alaska area

if no 1 and 2 can be done by a one company that would be great

n3 find a well dug to be done on the land and hooked up to the house when ready

n4 a company thats does a spetic tank installed on the land also hooked to the tank

n5 solar power and wind power people to finsh the solar and small wind power plant system to wire and meet the code of the area for power to the cabin unit

n6 good landscapeing company to come in after everything is done to the land relandscapeing the land back to the natural look of the land after the tank is put into the ground ..

n7 place that will take my hand draw plans and turn them in blueprints so i can turn them into the people to get the permits for building the tank home

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by henry2 View Post
    in4 a company thats does a spetic tank installed on the land also hooked to the tank
    well heny... one thing about it... living in a tank.....

if your septic backs up....

clean up will be a breeze
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

i going to use a black water holding tank along with a marine style hand powered toliet system along with a grey water tank system along with a few other items

Default possibility

for your rock you might check with dibble creek in anchor point for a start
    though work i know the guys pretty good people the do a lot with rock and concrete i am not for sure about excavation but maybe could point you in the right way
    good luck

I think your going to have a challenge with #7. If you need to get a permit for this, I think not many P.E.'s are going to be too enthused about stamping plans for an underground tank house...if Homer has a plan review process, that may be another stumbling block...I'd talk to a engineer before you get too much money invested..

i can go out of state to get the tank home blueprints if i need be along with a couple of things iam checking on right now about if the whole thing is going to work ..

Default #5

For your power and solar needs check out ;
    http://absak.com/

They have stores in both Anchorage and Fairbanks. They will ship your order.
    They will design you a system, you just tell them your parameters and they will use the properly sized elements to make it happen.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

thank you for the info

Quote Originally Posted by henry2 View Post
    i can go out of state to get the tank home blueprints if i need be along with a couple of things iam checking on right now about if the whole thing is going to work ..
    Be aware that most review boards will require that the details are stamped by an Alaska PE! So if you do go out of state, ensure that they can properly stamp the design.

I'm not familiar with Homer's requirements or contractors in that area to answer any of your questions. Good luck on your project.