Thread: 7.62X38 Nagant brass

Default 7.62X38 Nagant brass

If anyone out there shoots the old Russian Nagant revolver and loads for it, there is an auction on www.gunbroker.com, 94 count Nagant brass for $5.00. Auction #152629694.

I already have 500 rounds

Default Then I guess

someone else might be able to use it, if still available, but thanks for your input.

Default Thanks, I got it almost for free ($13)

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    If anyone out there shoots the old Russian Nagant revolver and loads for it, there is an auction on www.gunbroker.com, 94 count Nagant brass for $5.00. Auction #152629694.
    Appreciate your heads up. My bet was second and I won the brass for $5.80. It makes unbeatable $13 for the set.

Do you reload for Nagant? If so, any particular recipe you can share?

I just got Lee dies, but so far had no chance to start. I saw a lot of mentioning of 3-3.5 gr of Bullseye as a prevailing charge range (up to 4 gr, actually). Once I even saw a charge of 10 gr of H110 in an attempt to fill the case better (http://www.realguns.com/archives/130.htm) and 10.3 gr Lil'Gun (http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting...rade/index.asp) to get more punch from Hornady 85 gr. XTP hollow points.

For me this gun has some nostalgic value, both my grandfathers fought their wars with it.

Thanks again,
    Sergeima

You are better off with 30 carbine dies. Its a complicated process and I have done threads on it on the Firing Line and Gunboards. if you cant find those threads let me know.

I use Unique

Default I agree with WildAK

I used Unique also and made no attempt to push the loads in that gun. I'd keep the loads light and fun.