Thread: Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 1/06/10

Thumbs up Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 1/06/10

Hey guys New years is over and the trails were tore up! But we have been out grooming Mon., Tue and Wed. and 370 fleet miles later and about 3+ inches of new snow and Willow Trails are in top shape. As of Wed. eve. it is 30 degrees and we are hoping the weather people are right and it will cool down a little by this weekend.
    Nancy Lake State Park is open and the Rolly Lakes trail is in good shape to get there. Also we got in the Deshka River Crossover Trail which is part of the SVWT to the north of Willow. And it connects off of Corral Hill trail right across to a little island and up the Su.
    Also this week we groomed all the way to far side of the island on the Big Su off the Rolly Creek Trail and now you can head down river from there and meet up with the main river trail. Lots of places to go but not a enough time or gas to do them all.
    Things are looking good so get out and ride!!!!
    Remember maps are at local stores, and parking can be found at the Community Center and West Gate Center.
    Please stay off Private Property!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

FYI-

In one of these posts someone had said that Eagle River Arctic Cat had the maps. I stopped in there last weekend to ask, and they said that no one had dropped any off this season.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Wink Thanks

They had a bunch at the begining of the season. And I was in there this morning and they did not let me know. Thanks for the update I will drop some as soon as I get back that way. Or as soon as I see one of them up here!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Just an FYI, Nancy Lake State Rec Area will be downgraded at the end of the weekend from a general opeing for snow vehicles to a Restricted opening that will be enforced. Details here: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...423#post646423

Have a great weekend!